electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
what set top box?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinpan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: what set top box? Reply with quote

Could someone recommend a good set top box that has RF loop thro and good lip sync that does not freeze up to much? I live in a weak signal area and have the mast head amps to boost the signal.
Kind Regards
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try asking your neighbors, friends and other acquaintances in your area.
what stb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: freeview Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply jts1957, but my neighbours r on satellite and cable only 2 r on freeview.
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've obtained four DTV boxes. Two are different models from one company. I've experimented with three out of the four and they all work basicly alike. The biggest differences are features (guides, graphics, Timer, etc.).
The only channels I see a problem with are the ones I had trouble with anyway. They were either snowy or jittery or both and at least one I could not get at all. The ones that were snowy or jittery are now fine. The one I couldn't tune at all experiences pixelation, freezing, etc.
I know my roof antenna is now more than five years old, exposed to the elements and still connected (via - by now - bad amplifiers) to over 100 possible taps (many of which are not properly terminated).
Remember, the same antenna factors that applied to analog reception will apply to digital reception: Bigger is better, closer to transmitter is better, newer is better, being aimed correctly is better, roof antenna better than "rabbit ears," etc.
So, instead of "snowy," "jittery," "fades in and out," etc. ... we will now have "freezes," "pixelates," "sound drops out and returns a few words/sentence later," etc. That's improvement/progress. Question Very Happy
Now as far as "lip-sync" is concerned, could also be source/station problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия