electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Kenwood DV-5900M Help Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
les_garten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Kenwood DV-5900M Help Needed Reply with quote

Hello,
I have Kenwood DV-5900M, that has not been used for a long time. I pulled it out to set it up and it goes to D001 T01 on startup and does nothing else. The carosel does not turn at all. The discs do not index when you Turn it on. I have the service manual and did some tests. here are my results:

Turn on Normally >> Display shows D001 T01 and nothing works

Start holding Library Button down Goes to Initalize and sits there, disc does not index

FCT Mode

Plus1 Play Motor trys to turn but can't
Plus1 Eject Motor trys to turn but can't
Plus 2 Play Does Nothing Except Display shows Open
Plus2 Eject Does nothing Except Display shows Close
Plus 3 Play Works Normally
Plus 3 Eject Works Normally

Text Display works as it should

Open Nothing
Eject Nothing

Disc Flip No errors, everything OK

Play and stop work,
Clamper Motor turns disc

Skip Forward and Back work

Inspection Mode

Play Does nothing display shows Inspection
Stop Goes to Inspection
Disc Flip does nothing
User File Does Nothing
Musci Type Shows CPPM key ID

It seems like the Carousel is "Stuck" It will play and the Clamper motor will rotate the disc in FCT Mode.

When I moved from one house to another, the movers packed it up and it was loaded with discs. I had to pull the cover off and get all the discs out which were all over the place. It is possible that at some point it tried to run with a couple Hundred discs out of place.

Personally I think that would be Bad Wink But I ain't nor repair guy so what do i know. I can solder and use a DMM, use Jeweler Screw Drivers, but thats about it as skills are concerned.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия