electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Kv-32V35 dead power supply

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sly110

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Sony Kv-32V35 dead power supply Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm having trouble with a Sony KV-32V35 power supply.
It has the G power supply board and R607 was open with Q601, Q602 shorted. I replaced these components and passively tested resistors, caps and semi around them - OK. However, when I reinstalled in TV, the same components immediately failed the same way.

I've read some posts that I need to check Q501 and Q502 and resolder T501. I have not been able to do this yet (my brothers TV at his house). However, my question is the repair kits and posts I see include a 6.8ohm resistor that they recommend replacing. I cant find this resistor anywhere on the schematics. Does anyone know where this is?

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance
sly110
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T501 develops bad solder connections causing the B+ to spike blowing R607, Q601/602 and shorting the horizontal output Q501. What took them back out is Q501. The 6.8 ohm is for another set.
fwilliams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony Kv-32V35 dead power supply Reply with quote

there is also a little blue ceramic cap that is shorted . right next to the transister.
sly110 wrote:
Hi,
I'm having trouble with a Sony KV-32V35 power supply.
It has the G power supply board and R607 was open with Q601, Q602 shorted. I replaced these components and passively tested resistors, caps and semi around them - OK. However, when I reinstalled in TV, the same components immediately failed the same way.

I've read some posts that I need to check Q501 and Q502 and resolder T501. I have not been able to do this yet (my brothers TV at his house). However, my question is the repair kits and posts I see include a 6.8ohm resistor that they recommend replacing. I cant find this resistor anywhere on the schematics. Does anyone know where this is?

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance
sly110
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be Q502 on a heat sink next to the flyback, the h out, the blue cap that's shorted, component location?
sly110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Still having trouble Reply with quote

Hi,
I replaced Q502 which was shorted and replaced Q601, Q602, R607 again. I soldered all around T501 and tested Q501. This time I got sound but by the time I got around to the front to see if I had raster, everything shut down again. All my new components were gone again - shorted. When I tried to discharge the anode lead, there was no spark so I'm thinking I never really got HiVolt.

Any additional ideas?

Which little blue cap are we talking about? I checked several around Q502.

Thanks for any help!
smithusaf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: FREE SONY Trinitro Color TV KV-35V35 Reply with quote

Just come to DC to pick it up, near Crystal City Metro, 3535 S Ball. [email protected]. I'll post the FREE add to craig's list. It's all wrapped up from a military move. I haven't used the TV in over 6 years...it's almost like new. This one's the TV console with a light wood finish (not the black).
anyhow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KV-32V35 service manual:
http://eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/43278/SONY_KV-32V35.html

and the KV-32V35 adjustment manual:
http://eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/43282/SONY_KV-32V35.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия