electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zener diode substitution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodeca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Zener diode substitution Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Pioneer F-90 tuner. All the larger caps were leaking so a replaced all the caps. While cleaning off the electrolytic residue I damaged a zener diode that was completely engulfed.
It is d401 in the power supply and is anHZS6C1L . This is a 6.1v 400mw
zener diode. I have a 6v 500mw zener and am wondering if I can use it as a replacement without compromising performance.
Link to data sheet for hzs6:
http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/download_datasheet.php?id=394329&part-number=HZS6C1L
Link to replacement zener 1n5233b:
http://www.diodes.com/datasheets/ds18006.pdf
I don't have any experience working with zeners, but when I look at the sheets it's somewhat apples to oranges to me. Any help is greatly appreciated, Richard
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close enough.
aliya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Zener diode replacement. Reply with quote

Hi,
This must work without any problem or effecting the performance. The wattage does not involve any problem too in this case. please replace without hesitation.
dodeca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Working great Reply with quote

Installed last night and fired it up. Tuner sounds great. After these new caps burn in I'm replacing 24 diodes with the Phillips fast soft recovery diodes.
Thanks much for the replies, Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия