electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 50H71 No video or sound!! Please help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toshibaman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Toshiba 50H71 No video or sound!! Please help! Reply with quote

Hello. After reading the post and the replies, it sounds like you have a few problems to overcome with the TV. First issue, the No Video and No Sound. This is likely caused by the blown fuse F850, F851, or F852. One of these is the power line for the audio and video section on the main board and the others are convergence power fuses if I remember correctly. I would check them each with an ohm meter to see if they are open. Replace if needed as they should read a short across them (very low ohms). Next, we have the issue of the brightness and focus controls that may have been adjusted while you were turning knobs. Extra intensity of brightness while the convergence data is at a limit can cause the fuses to blow on this model. At this point, I would recommend turning the brightness down a bit (Not all the way thought) and read the service manual and find the service remote code to access the service mode in the TV. I can't quite remember it now as it has been a while. I know it is two buttons on the remote while pressing menu on the set. Something like mute, something, then the tv menu button. After you do this, then you can access the convergence touch up net with the remote and do a point to point touchup with your remote's directional buttons and save the results. The manual should explain this method. Lastly, you need to readjust the brightness or what technicians call the whiteline and whitebalance. The manual should explain methods to do this adjustment. If worst comes to worst, leave the white balance address settings as they are and turn up the brightness till you start to see retrace lines in the picture from excess brightness and then stop and turn it back down a 1/4 of the turn of the knob. It is a general good guess. If the convergence net will not move while adjusting then the convergence IC has opened or the convergence board itself will need replacement. You can also try soldering the connections on the bottom of the port and the jumpers mentioned earlier as it can only help. Hope this info helps you in some way. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия