electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC AV-27320 No color
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gp_45

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: JVC AV-27320 No color Reply with quote

Have a JVC AV-27320 TV. Suspect my 2 year old son poured some water into the set. When we saw, the onscreen menu items were scrolling automatically.
Now, we do not see color picture for cable. There is some hazy reddish diagonal lines...if i change color to black and white using remote or TV buttons, it is viewable. Connected DVD player and got the same results.
Surprisingly, the onscreen menu comes up in the correct color.
Any suggestions?
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungle IC processes the color.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried waiting until the set fully dries out? Rolling Eyes
gp_45

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have waited for about 2 weeks now... have also removed back cover and kept the set out where it can receive direct sunlight.

I did not see him put the water in the back, but saw some water in the front of the screen/menu buttons. He cannot reach the back area.

Initially, I thought maybe the tuner is off, because the reception is like what you may receive when the signal is weak. But when I connected just the DVD player, the picture quality is the same.

The thing that I find surprising is that the onscreen menu items come up with the proper colors (with the correct black background). It is only the picture that is like this. It becomes better when I turn the color down to black and white using remote or thru menu buttons on the set.
gp_45

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on why the on-screen menu items come up with proper color, but the picture does not?
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Jungle IC processes the color.
jaeverelec

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: jvc Reply with quote

gp_45 wrote:
Any thoughts on why the on-screen menu items come up with proper color, but the picture does not?
as minnie wrote,check the jungle ic,maybe its loose in connection,the location of that ic is in the mid i think,if your son pour a little amount of water into the front panel control,i think i won't go near the ic.check if the tv is set in pal signal,have you tried set service menu?have a good day Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jaeverelec and minnie for your suggestions. before checking ICs, I think I will try out menu options...
jaeverelec, how do i check if TV is set in PAL signal? And how do I try set service menu?
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $10.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it's a PAL system set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия