electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
measuring high value resistor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: measuring high value resistor? Reply with quote

i have a 1.8 Mega Ohm resitor, my meter can read up to 2 mega ohm, but when i try and read the value with the meter, i get a very inconsistant reading - sometimes as low as 0.8 mega ohm.

Or the reading is usually about 1.78 Mega ohm, but it fluctuates in value - it wont give a steady reading - always fluctuating between 1.7 - 1.9 Mega ohm. can anyone tell me why?

i tried an new battery - not that. It reads perfectly the lower value resistors of around 3k no problem?

I wanted to use a 1.8 mega ohm as a shunt , in parallel, with a very high value resitor to measure the higher values (above 2 megaohm), to save me buying a new meter Shocked
roli

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for advice ,,,!

i did just about manage with a shunt resistor in parallel with the object resistor can hopefully forget the pricey meters. i measured resitance of 100megaohm+ with a 2megaohm meter with a 1.8megaohm shunt.

Cool
scalzomen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe your resistor is damaged...have you try with a new one if it measures the right value?

bye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия