electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PIONEER CDX-FM65

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanrussell8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: PIONEER CDX-FM65 Reply with quote

first of all i cannot find this model anywhere...the only one close is the cdx-fm657....i have registered it with pioneer...ss#QA014945...it is a fm freq. 87.9-90.1....12ch 200kHz step.
now...i have it in pieces right noe...i bout it with a 97 dodge ram....the guy said he was a sand blasre...and he thought it was prob just dirty....all i get is error code-11....yeah...this could be a lot of things right....i am a guy that never gives up though...and i have cleaned the eye with alcohol...and no change....i really had a lot of fun with the wheel that sets on the cd...i hope i hav it back in right....i plug it in and get same results....error-11......I NEED A SCEMATIC badly....I am wondering if it needs an alignment...an i WILL not go to some one else....especially best buy...wich is where it came from.......please i need info....i am wasting so much time on this thing...and i have no money!!!!
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....do not have the manual & strictly working from memory, Pioneer car audio utilized several codes to report a fault (none conclusive) I seem to remember codes 10, 11, 12 and a few others were related to the disc mechanism inability to read the TOC (table of content). Anything from a mechanical/transport hanging up or a dead/weak laser pickup or even a bad spindle motor would cause such an error code.

Generally when there is no problem with any transport function(disc in/out, xchange, clamp etc), you can pretty much suspect the laser pickup or spindle motor. Spindle can be checked with external DC. With lasers you may or may not be able to spot the tiny red reflection on the disc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank-you for you reply....yes i do have it loading disk in and ou really smoothly...and the disc number will come uo...and it will try to the disc three or four time but then it will go to go to error 11......i cant ever get it to a track number. i thout it could be spindle moter or the laser not being the correct distance from the disc. you know that pioneer does the upside douwn disc load. if it is the pick up...can i take one out of a pioneer head unit i have sitting around here. I Really appreciate you time.....this thing is driving me nuts!!
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..Quite honestly I don't remember if/what pickups were used on what models?
It does sound like a pickup issue but how compatible with the other unit? of course if it is the same, you can use it. Short of having a parts list, just about all you can try is to look for the pickup part numbers on something like parts store.com?--sometimes it may give you the information.

EDIT
Another way to search is to go here;
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model.asp?modelNum=CDXFM65 click on the service manual(CRT1637) which gives you another chart for similar models that may list the pickup.
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CRT1637
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия