electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 43H70: jumpy image, bad convergence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xh9wu1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Toshiba 43H70: jumpy image, bad convergence Reply with quote

I have been very happy with my 43H70 (rear projection) TV for more than 4 years. All of a sudden, when I turned it on on Saturday, the image was very jumpy to the degree of non-watchable. The convergence also seemed bad, which may be caused by the jumpiness. The TV would kind of turn itself off after 10 to 15 seconds (although it is not complete off since the power light kept blinking). I asked a local repair shop about this and it would cost $150 for them to come out and give me an estimate. I would like to know if this is a simple repair or I'm facing major problem, in which case repairing the TV is no longer attractive. Any help is appreciated!!!
rufftv

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 43H70 convergence + jumpy (jittery) Reply with quote

The research I've been doing indicates that replacing the convergence chips may solve the problem. Two chips, STK392-110, $14 each at K&B.com. If you can solder 18 leads on a chip, that is. If not you, then perhaps your friend.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update the stk's to 392-150. They last longer.
cverneau

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just replaced both STK392-110 chips.
This fixed my problem of the jumpy image and the set turning off.
I stiil have a problem trying to get the red into convergence.
It seems as if it's tweaked off as the crosshairs are not true crosses, but have a slight arc to them.
Is this something that can be corrected by getting into the service menu??
Where can I get the service manual if this is the case??
bill9876

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 43H70 - Did the stk's 392-150 fix the problem ? Reply with quote

Is it hard to replace Stk's 392-110 (or the 392-150), can somone tell me where it the television these are located ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия