electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
problems with astratec topd2 box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fossy 97

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: problems with astratec topd2 box Reply with quote

Hi I own a astratec topd2 box and whenever i try to tune it into my vcr i cannot find it Sad Please help
fossy 97
Fossy 97

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: problems with astratec topd2 box-more info Reply with quote

Hi ,again I have decided to give you some more info on this.My old vcr cannot find my box when i try to tune it into channel 6 and there is no way that I can change the rf out on the menu so im stuck Crying or Very sad
Also i have lost the manual so if anyone knows where i can get one ,please tell me

Thanks in advance
chris
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not real familiar with your particular box, but if the box receives other RF stations above and below VCR's output of "channel 6," it should be one of two things. 1) VCR's "TV/VCR" (TV/Video) switch is NOT in the correct position, or, 2) Something's wrong with the VCR.
Does the VCR work when you put it directly to the TV's RF (tuned to channel 6) connector?
What about connecting (to Box) via VCR's Audio/Video output jacks?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a different box(panasonic tu-ct20) on the same vcr on channel six and I could find it through the rf input.I dug out another vcr and tried tuning the astratec to that one too but it was just like the other vcr, nothing.I can get the vcr to work through my box through the scart lead(vcr to vcr/dvd on box)but not through the rf output.I will have to keep trying and try and find the manual so i can see if i can change the rf output frequency.
thanks
chris Very Happy
Fossy 97

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: forgot to tell everyone Reply with quote

Sorry But I forgot to say if your astratec topd2 box does not come on when you try to turn it on then try pressing 0 and standby together -this should turn the box on. Other possabilaties are the batteries are dead or that it is still booting up-make sur the remote light in not flashing when you turn the box on

Chris Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия