electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
NEC 50MP1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dooney0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: PX-50XM1 (50MP1) Reply with quote

All,

Just so you all know, below are the pcb labels from the scan board of the 2 capacitors which are failing causing the half screen problem.

C119 remove & replace with 2 x 330uf 25v (105 deg) caps in parallel
C120 remove & replace with 1 x 330uf 25c (105 deg) cap

Hope all find this useful, your capacitor life time with the new caps should be between 5,000 ~ 15,000 hours usage depending on ambient room temp. Be aware room temp makes a big difference, if its hot you'll be lower down the scale, whereas if it is cold you'll be towards the top of the scale.

Mike.
stevenyc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: 50MP1 blank screen with backlight, green light stays on Reply with quote

Hi Plasma TV experts,

I have a 50MP1 that powers on, there is one bright color line show up on top of the screen briefly - maybe 1/3 second, then disappear. the green light stays on, there is back lighting on the PDP, but no
display.

I read on this forum about the two capacitors - I am not sure if the board is under the TV tuner module, or the other end beneath the metal shield. I took out the board on my left hand side (with 4 big heat sinks) when I open up the TV from the back, there are 8 Electrolytic capators near the four square heat sink. The bottom side of the board shows signs of dried leakage, maybe from the Electrolytic capacitors due to heat?

Any idea is greatly appreciated. If anyone know where I can get the service manual, please let me know - my email is [email protected]. I can send the photos over if you are willing to help and give me some ideas.

Thanks,

steve at NYC.

Thanks,

Steve

Al_Dodge_Bundy wrote:
It could be a problem with the inverter board, can you check if the backlight is working (or only works shortly, whenever your turn on the monitor)?

(p.s. it offcourse could be a power supply problem also. Do you have a external, or internal power supply?)
steve_nyc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: I got the 50MP1 service manual and fixed the Plasma TV. Reply with quote

NEC service manuals are hard to find, eventually I got 50MP1 service manual. I got a lot of Panasonic TV service manuals too.

Mike's tip was a big help to fix it. Thanks a lot!

steve at NYC
[email protected]
Palexandre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: 50Mp1 with half picture Reply with quote

Stiff,

Wondering if you had any luck tracking down the bad caps and repairing one of your sets. My set is doing the exact same thing. Blank top half and distorted bottom half.

Please feel free to contact me, looking for any pointers or suggestions.

[email protected]
deejayess

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: 50MP1 no power Reply with quote

I have a 50MP1 with the fault that when plugged in, it just flashes red/green/red/green etc constantly.. Can't be switched on etc, doesn't respond to any commands. Power supply doesn't even get a chance to try turn on. Is this some kind of protection circuit?

Any help is appreciated.

[email protected]
or reply here.

Thanks,

Dave
Dooney0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: 50MP1 Flashing LED Reply with quote

deejayess:-

1) Power off the unit (using power switch on underside of product)
2) Press & hold input select button
3) Power on unit (ensure you still hold input select while powering on)

When the unit powers on you can release the input select button, if all is well the unit will run normally if not and the error repeats once again you have problems on the PDP module (panel) and you will need to investigate) My guess would be that 2 SMT caps will have failed on the Scan board and will need replacement. Read other post.

Mike.
biomed_man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I got the 50MP1 service manual and fixed the Plasma TV. Reply with quote

[quote="steve_nyc"]NEC service manuals are hard to find, eventually I got 50MP1 service manual. I got a lot of Panasonic TV service manuals too.

Hi Steve,
It would be nice to know where you got your Manual from. I have been given a 50mp1, soon to be delivered, and it is faulty too. I was told it went bang, and i don't know any other details yet. i am hopeing it might be something I can fix.
Keith
NZ
heidziga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: NEC plasma giving half screen Reply with quote

Does anyone have that information about the half screen issue? My 50 inch television finally took a dump on me. I'm hoping to find a tech manual or some detailed photos on how to repair it. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so component work doesn't scare me.

Thank you,
DaggerIII

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: 50MP2 Reply with quote

For Dooney,

I have a 50 MP2 with the dying lower half screen intermittent problem, can I assume that it's the same board with C120 and C119 causing the symptom?

Also I have 2 other 50 MP2s with a black line each in upper left and upper middle quadrants. The one in the upper middle quad has a white line. Do you think either of these cells are good?

Thanks, Leif
Gtesta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: I got the 50MP1 service manual and fixed the Plasma TV. Reply with quote

steve_nyc wrote:
NEC service manuals are hard to find, eventually I got 50MP1 service manual. I got a lot of Panasonic TV service manuals too.

Mike's tip was a big help to fix it. Thanks a lot!

steve at NYC
[email protected]

Hello Steve, and I just got a 50MP1 with the small image on the right botton side of the screen. I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of the service manual if you still have it?

Many Thanks

GT London
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия