electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50ux58b won't stay on - weird pico fuses?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ar1stotle

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50ux58b won't stay on - weird pico fuses? Reply with quote

OK, I've been trying to fix my TV for a few days. I got a kit with the replacement E994 and C707. I thought E994 looked good according to my ohmmeter, so I just replaced C707 despite seeing any visual defects and it didn't work. Now, my E994 registers as a short no matter which way I hold the ohmmeter leads. There were 4 other things on the board that I thought were also pico fuses, labeled E995, E996, E997, and E999 (didn't find an E998). Anyway, the others had a silver band on them, not a red one. What confused me, though, was that when I tried to use my analog continuity checker on them, E994, E997, and E999 all worked both ways. However, E995 and E996 only showed continuity 1 way (and they were opposite directions despite the orientation of both being the same). Now, I have the blue pico fuse that came with the kit. Should I try replacing E994 despite the fact that it shows continuity both ways? Or is there something going on with the other ones? What's the recommended next step?

Just posted a quick video of the lights, even though I don't know how it would help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUkdSZbWto
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAVE you researched (and read) for your model using the "search" up by the ESI logo? Particularly: http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22049&highlight=50ux58b
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All "Exxx" are fuses. A good fuse, like the piece of wire its made from will have "continuity" regardless of the orientation of you tester's leads. A good fuse, will have "continuity" in or out of circuit like the piece of wire its made from.

Disconnect one side of each suspected bad fuse and then test it.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, just tested all the fuses, and it appears taht E995 and E996 are both bad. Neither show continuity when not in the board. So do we just need to replace those? Or does this indicate a bigger problem?
ar1stotle

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That was me above
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Alright, just tested all the fuses, and it appears taht E995 and E996 are both bad. Neither show continuity when not in the board. So do we just need to replace those? Or does this indicate a bigger problem?

I don't have a schematic and have not worked on this set extensively. Replacing them would be a good first step. What's the worst that could happen? They'll blow again if there is indeed a further problem.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E995 is your 27 volts which goes to the convergence E996 is your M23 which also goes to the convergence so, I'd bet your convergence ic's crapped out.
Seance12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: 50ux52b Reply with quote

Can anybody please tell/direct me to a place online where I can purchase these parts C707, and E994 fuses??? I am fixing a tv with the same problems as what I have read about. I am new to the tv venue, but not to electronics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия