electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
toshiba 32AV500U LCD inverter ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popov

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem on my 32AV500U: blown fuse and two shorted transistors on the slave inverter. I replaced the fuse and the transistors and now it works only for the first 1-2 seconds with noise ftom the board transormer. Should I replace the transformer, other two transistors or the BD9897FS?
Popov

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, replaced the transformer- no help.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have replaced all the transitors, the 2 caps and the fuse if blown...these are cheap...the IC chip from reading the data sheet has built in circuit protection and will shut down the system...so that is the most likely the problem.
dkollander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of today 12/15/2009 10:45am EST shopjimmy.com shows a couple HIU-813-S and HIU-813-M boards in stock for $55.xx ea
Popov

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkollander wrote:
as of today 12/15/2009 10:45am EST shopjimmy.com shows a couple HIU-813-S and HIU-813-M boards in stock for $55.xx ea

Ordered one. Thanks!
hdman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: toshiba 32av500u Reply with quote

i have a toshiba 32av500u with no picture,no sound just the power indicator light is on. i replaced the power supply board but still have the same problem.any ideas? thanks.
dkollander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote] have a toshiba 32av500u with no picture,no sound just the power indicator light is on. i replaced the power supply board but still have the same problem.any ideas? thanks..[/quote]

Check for a image with a bright light while pressing the menu button and report back
hdman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: toshiba 32av500u Reply with quote

i used a flashlight and there was a faint video image on the screen. is that a good sign?
dkollander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: toshiba 32av500u Reply with quote

[quote="hdman"]i used a flashlight and there was a faint video image on the screen. is that a good sign?[/quote]
Yes that means the LCD panel is working ..but the backlight is not....

You probbably need an inverter....

Do you here a sizzling/buzzing sound? if so that probably is the inverter...on my unit is was the slave inverter. No sounf ...it still can be the inverter.

At this point you need to take the back off the set and see if it has one or 2 inverters. This model had 2 backlight designs. Early sets made(before April or May 2008) have 2 inverters. either way take the back off and look for one or 2 inverter boards.

If it only has one inverter replace it..if dual inverters and the buzz comes from the right side of the set (the side with the external AV input) that is the slave inverter.

I replaced both inverters on my set even though it just needed the slave inverter.

So I have some parts for these sets if you need any. Register on this forum then you can PM me.
hdman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: 32av500u Reply with quote

thank you. this set has two inverters so i will try to find them on line or elsewhere.you have been a great help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия