electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi Convergence Problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Hitachi Convergence Problem Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi 43FDX10B rear projection TV. Recently I replaced the two IC convergence chips and the resistors related to them to correct the blue convergence which was way out of aliment. The problem now is that the convergence is still slightly out of wack (minor) and the controls do not respond at all to correct now. If I recall Minnie or someone suggested that the convergence board is locked once chips are replace, I 'm going on memory here best i can recall. Anyone know whats going on here? Confused
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove speaker grill and plate. Look for a white button. That gets you into the convergence service mode. Press it.
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Minnie good to hear from you again!! I will try that and get back with you. I still haven't replaced RELAY S901 yet. I have the part but ever since you told me to rap it with a screwdriver its been working...lol :lol...
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Convergence Problem Reply with quote

enough2bdangerous wrote:
I have a Hitachi 43FDX10B rear projection TV. Recently I replaced the two IC convergence chips and the resistors related to them to correct the blue convergence which was way out of aliment. The problem now is that the convergence is still slightly out of wack (minor) and the controls do not respond at all to correct now. If I recall Minnie or someone suggested that the convergence board is locked once chips are replace, I 'm going on memory here best i can recall. Anyone know whats going on here? Confused

Customer menu you can only adjust red and blue. Green is the reference. Get a little farther and question back. Very Happy
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Minnie I got the front panel off (speaker grills) I know I'm simply missing this button can you tell me where exactly I can find it. Do I need to remove the actual speakers... Rolling Eyes ??
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the speaker grill off, you see a 'door' that has 4 screws. You remove it to see the bottom's of the crt's. On the left hand side on the board should be the button.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUBJECT: DIGITAL CONVERGENCE ADJUSTMENT MODE ACCESS
Details:
In the past, when the technician needed to enter the Digital Convergence Adjustment Mode (DCAM),
it was necessary to open the front of the unit to access the service switch. Now, to access the DCAM
without removing the front panel, please follow the below instructions.

Procedure for Chassis DP05F, DP05, HP11, HP12:
1. Press and hold the DIGITAL ARRAY or CONVERGENCE ADJUST button on front panel.
2. While the button is held down, then press the INPUT or ANT button on remote control.
3. The unit will now be in the DCAM.

NOTE:
1. Proceed with digital convergence adjustment.
2. Remember to save the correction data.
3. Units with MAGIC FOCUS only - Failure to initialize MAGIC FOCUS sensors after saving
convergence correction data will result in a STATIC (+) display when MAGIC FOCUS attempts
to run. The technician will then be required to access the service only switch behind the front
cover to get back into the DCAM to initialize the sensors, since the procedure to access DCAM
without removing the front panel, requires MAGIC FOCUS to be running.
4. To exit, press the POWER button on the front panel.
5. There is NO remote access code for DP15E Chassis.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL ok I finally found it...I'm laughing because I pressed it and this really cool color grid appeared, this is when I realized I hadn't a clue what I was suppose to do next. I tried to use front panel adjustments but really didn't know what i was doing anyhow I saw no response. This button I wondered if it would reset the convergence or the controls. What would you suggest from here. I tried also to follow the instructions on your second post but nothing happened. Seems like its locked up... Crying or Very sad
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit! didn't want to do this but here we go.

Be sure to input the correct signal format for the display that
needs Convergence Touch-Up. NTSC (Normal) or 1080i for (16X9 HD)

You have to do both modes.

Enter DCAM by pressing the
Service Only Switch on the Convergence Output PWB.

To enter the 7X5 Mode, press the "0" button five times.
To enter the 13X9 Mode, press the "ANT" button five times. (CLU-5711TSI)
To enter the 13X9 Mode, press the "INPUT" button five times. (CLU-5712TSI or CLU-4311UG)
Note: 3X3 mode can not be entered without clearing RAM data.

Press the MENU Button to remove colors not being adjusted.

Do not move green unless you have to. Green is always the reference.

MOVING AROUND THE GRID
Press 2, 4, 5, 6 buttons to moves the Adjustment Point.
Press the Cursor Up / Down / Left / Right to adjust the convergence at the stopping point.

"STATUS" selects Green adjustment mode.
"ANT" selects Blue adjustment mode.
"0" select Red adjustment mode.

(CLU-5711TSI / CLU-5712TSI REMOTES)

STORE the new data by pressing the "PIP MODE"
Press the "MUTE" button to return to the DCAM grid.

(CLU-4311UG REMOTE)

STORE the new data by pressing the "MOVE" button 2 times.

(CLU-5711TSI / CLU-5712TSI REMOTES)

Pressing the "PIP MODE" button Once.
Then press the "PIP CH" button Once.
Press the "MUTE" button to return to the DCAM grid

(CLU-4311UG REMOTES)

Pressing the "MOVE" button Once.
Then press the "PIP CH" button Once.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked hummm i can follow instructions pretty well but I'm not following you about modes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия