electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Plasma
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the model number of your power supply board?
jon R

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Posting the model and what it's doing or not doing is a good start.

Hi minnie. thx for the reply. Sorry about the lack of info. I did mention the model no' in my second post but it isn't easy to spot. Let me start as i should have.

I have a Sony KE-42TS2E which goes into protection mode a couple of seconds after switch on.

I switch it on, the relay energizes, the screen lights up for a second then shuts down, although the relay doesn't turn off for a further 4 seconds.
The led then blinks twice, pauses 3 seconds then blinks twice again.
It then tries ti 'fire up' again, fails, then stays in standby with the blinking senario above.

I found 4 x 2200uf elec caps on the psu that were bulging, I replaced these but no joy, same problem. Shame as i recently found out that these caps come as arepair kit so must be a common problem?

I am a bit lost now, can't find any references to the sustain pcbs or psu as i guess they may be oem?

Anyway, any help really would be appreciated.
If you need any further info please ask.

Many thx

Jon
jon R

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
What is the model number of your power supply board?

1-468-720-12

thx
anyhow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this will help

KE-42TS2E PANEL MODULE SERVICE MANUAL 9-878-212-01

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/43220/SONY_KE-42TS2E.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyhow, that is great! much appreciated. I could not find that manual ANYWHERE. Spent days looking.

I will have a read and see what I can find. At least (hopefully) it will pinpoint the pcb at fault if not the actual component faulure

I did speak to someone who knew about the 4 caps previously mentioned, he also mentioned other smd caps that may have failed but wouldn't mantion which.
if anyone has any further info then please let me know.

Again, many thx

jon
jon R

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
anyhow, that is great! much appreciated. I could not find that manual ANYWHERE. Spent days looking.

I will have a read and see what I can find. At least (hopefully) it will pinpoint the pcb at fault if not the actual component faulure

I did speak to someone who knew about the 4 caps previously mentioned, he also mentioned other smd caps that may have failed but wouldn't mantion which.
if anyone has any further info then please let me know.

Again, many thx

jon

Am now a member as i should have been from the start.
Just letting you know the above was me Smile
jon R

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I am completely lost.
I have followed the tests in the manual and all voltages are present. The problem i have is that it states to disconnect the pcbs and then check if VA (60v) and VS (80V) are present on the psu, if so the psu is defective.

Wouldn't these voltages be suppled BY the psu? Surely that isn't right....is it?

It says to disconnect the abus boards then check if the va/vs voltages are present on the psu (which they are), it then states that if so the power sustem is abmornal.

Confused.

Got a feeling it is the plasma

oh well
jon R

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me, does a pdp hiss slightly?

I did notice that as the screen powers up there is a small hissing sound coming from the top right near the exhaust. There are no visible cracks or anything but wondering if this has been the problem all along

cheers
anyhow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no blink codes in your service manual, but some other sony model has blink codes. http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=57743&highlight=sony

Accoriding to your panel module service manual, page 27, chapter 4.5, fault symptom #1 describes your symptoms and suspected fault locations, to refer to chapter 4.6.1

The flowchart page 30, chapter 4.6.1 It says to remove connector CN6 then turn on AC power. Does 3.3V exist on PSU bard Vpr2? IF not, it says PSU is defective.

If there is 3.3V on the PSU then turn off the AC reconnect connector CN6 back to the logic board and turn on AC power. Check PSU Vpr2 again. IF there is NO 3.3V this time then the logic board is defective. If there is 3.3V again, it then says turn off AC and disconnect CN23, CN33, CN42, and CN52 and work your way down the flow chart on next page.

That should have told you if PSU is bad from the start of the flowchart.
jon R

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx anyhow, yes i followed the flowchart religiously and all the supplies are present (3.3,5,60 and 80).
i disconnected and reconnected and all appeared as it should.

i think it is the pdp and the hiss !

To the tip i think

Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия