electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 50H71 No video or sound!! Please help!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koveras

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Toshiba 50H71 No video or sound!! Please help! Reply with quote

Ok so my tv has been having what I believe to be a convergence problem(from my countless hours of googling), all the colors weren't overlapping as they should so today I tried to see what I could do to fix it. My first mistake! Very Happy Anyway after some extensive searching on google I decided to take off the front panel and twist the adjustment screws to see if I could get the colors to line up. Everything was going good and the colors actually started to line up and the picture looked much better but after some more tweaking with the knobs all of the sudden something sparked and then popped and the picture shut off! I unplugged the tv and then plugged it back in but now I have no picture or sound! This is the only tv I own and I really don't have money to purchase a new one or to pay a tech so if anyone could help me out I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks!
Koveras

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also thought I should add that when I turn on the tv the red power indicator light stays on like normal but if I get really close to the speaker I can hear a white noise coming out like a grounding problem or something. Also I was reading in another post and it seems a lot of people fixed there dead projection tvs by replacing c707 and e994 fuses. Is that only with Hitachi? I can't seem to find these parts on mine. Thanks for any help.
livewire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Equipment Repairs Reply with quote

You have to study the circuit of similar models better and see what best can be done.The fuses replacement may help...could not say whether positively.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livewire, thank you for your reply. What should I be looking for? I have absolutely no experience in tv repair but I'm fairly handy with electronics. Does anyone have a guess at what it might be?
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check F850 & F852. Replace the convergence ic's and solder up jumpers 010 and 050.
Koveras

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God, a reply from Minnie!!!! lol I will get right on checking those out and replacing them and let you know what happens! Any suggestions on a reputable place to get the parts? Thanks so much for your help!
Koveras

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I don't really have any tv repair experience but I do know how to solder pretty well. Is there a guide or something that can help me out? When you say solder the jumpers, do you mean solder them together?
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look there are 2 jumpers on the side right board on the left side of the board. These are notorious for bad connections. Just resolder the 2 point on each jumper. Read

http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=34032
Koveras

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much minnie! I downloaded a complete service manual for my tv so I found the fuses and jumpers you suggested to be checked out and sure enough they are bad. I will replace these and the ICs and let you know how it goes. Can anyone suggest a good place to order these parts online? Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.matelectronics.com/
or
Ebay

Make sure you ask the if there good grade IC's, you don't want cheap ass Chinese knock offs. See if you can find some STK392-180's, their higher rated IC's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия