electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
MEX-1HD Hard Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielcolchado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: MEX-1HD Hard Drive Reply with quote

Hi, i need some help with the partition of the hard disk drive of Sony MEX-1HD car unit. I replace the hard drive because the original was damaged, but the new drive it can't be recognized by the unit. I think i need to partition and then format the drive, but no one at sony can help me. Thanks

Daniel Colchado
+511 98270465
[email protected]
gabron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Danielcolchado

First, excuese my English, thats very badli.

I’m from Switzerland and i have buy a Sony MEX-1HD, but now is crash my HDD and i will replace it.

Then long google search i found your help question from 25.07.05:

Hi, i need some help with the partition of the hard disk drive of Sony MEX-1HD car unit. I replace the hard drive because the original was damaged, but the new drive it can't be recognized by the unit. I think i need to partition and then format the drive, but no one at sony can help me. Thanks

Daniel Colchado
+511 98270465
[email protected]

Has you became answer to anywhere? Has you solved the problem? Can you help me?

Please Answer me
ekhrraz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: MEX-1HD Partition Reply with quote

Hi there!

I've got the same problem as you, guys. I've made some advances with the HD I'd like to share with you, to try to fix this problem together. I invite you to get in touch with me ([email protected]).

gabron: si tu parles français, envois-moi un email, pour voir si l'on peut ajouter un peu de la lumière au sujet du disque dur du MEX-1HD. Amitiés!
wmccann

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: mex-1hd Reply with quote

You need to get a copy of the service manual and put the machine in service mode. This allows you to "tie" the drive to the radio - and format it.

I might have the required info later today, if I get it I will let you know.

Regards,

Walter.
gruppob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: mex-1hd Reply with quote

Hi Guys! I ad at you because my deck died on me, Hard Drive(it is ok but i changed the cd lens and since that moment the HDD doesn't work).... Anybody has the new firmware file(the one of 2004)? and then, when i would like to repair my deck with the cd-rom of Mobile Library, in test mode i'd like to update the CDD but it require me a strange file: "mex1hds.mdt", anybody know somwthing? Please Help me!!
up_live1314

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: partition a hard drive Reply with quote

Guidelines on How to Partition a Hard Drive by Creating, Deleting, Formatting and Resizing Partition.--I think this article can help you solve the problem.
And I think it is very useful.
Partition Assistant is one of the best softwares to partition hard drive.
Prtition Manager.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: mex-1hd service manual Reply with quote

I know this is a bit late now but I have a copy of the service manual for this unit and have managed to fix my unit after the hard drive stopped appearing one day.

First off I thought the hard drive had failed but I took it out and plugged it into my laptop, created a new partition and then formatted it. However once I'd done that I then had to get the stereo linked with it. This step requires the service manual that I have.

You cant just replace the hard drive without linking it to the stereo. To do this you need to put the stereo into service mode.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: mex-1hd service manual Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I know this is a bit late now but I have a copy of the service manual for this unit and have managed to fix my unit after the hard drive stopped appearing one day.

First off I thought the hard drive had failed but I took it out and plugged it into my laptop, created a new partition and then formatted it. However once I'd done that I then had to get the stereo linked with it. This step requires the service manual that I have.

You cant just replace the hard drive without linking it to the stereo. To do this you need to put the stereo into service mode.

To get a copy of the service manual email me [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия