electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Information regarding transistors N1117 & N1212

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sree1974

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Information regarding transistors N1117 & N1212 Reply with quote

Hello,
I pulled out two transistors from an electronic balance which I think are defective but having trouble identifying their correct specifications. The markings are N1117 and N1212. In my opinion the full part number should be 2N1117 and 2N1212 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyhow, I have looked at many datasheets from several websites for 2N1117 & 2N1212 but the package styles indicated on these datasheets are totally different from the actual parts I pulled out. Both the original parts have the same square plastic package style but I'm unable to determine the package number. I can't attach pictures for you since I don't have a URL to point to.

2N1117 datasheets show a TO-39 style and 2N1212 a TO-61 style. The electronic balance was purchased in the early 90s' so I'm guessing many of the electronic components are obsolete.

I'm trying to get substitutes but cannot do so until I'm able to correctly identify the original parts and pinouts. Would be appreciative if someone from this forum can provide some details on these parts.

Thanks in advance
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electronic balance? did you mean Ballast?
Perhaps a UNxx series rather than 2Nxx. Never seen a 2N series labeled w/out the 2
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transistors with 2N marking and so low numbers are really old (early-mid sixties), so in a ballast from the early 90's such transistors would never be used.

Check which manufacturer has made your faulty transistors - look for manufacturer logos and distinctive features in the plastic mold which you can compare to transistors from known manufacturers. Maybe they are not marked with a standardized part designation but instead with the ballast manufacturer's internal part number.

Another possible clue can be to try identifying the manufacturer or at least country of manufacture for the ballast.

You can also try reverse-engineering the ballast and compare the design with other ballasts with similar performance (look for application notes from semiconductor manufacturers), to find suitable transistor types.
sree1974

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help. I found the correct part number. You were correct. They were Panasonic's UN1117 and UN1212.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия