electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
toshiba 42hp66 bad y-sus board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k1200bmws

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: toshiba 42hp66 bad y-sus board Reply with quote

I have a toshiba 42hp66. The y-sus board (6871qyh053b) failed and has been replace. On power up the screen went very bright and after 1 or 2 seconds the buffer board( the board between the y-sus and the screen) burned out. I think the replacement y-sus board needs to be adjusted. There are 4 pots on the board. 2 on the "main board" of the y-sus and 1 on each of the daughter boards. Does anyone know what each of the pots are for? Should they all be set to zero on startup and brought out slowly? Is there a test point that I should be measured or calibrated at? Is there a service manual that has this info. I read about R36 should be at –200v +/- 5v. Would like to get this unit operational again. It had a good pic... Thanks Thomas
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad panel. The voltages for VS and VA are on the panel. You changed the Y sustain not the power supply so you wouldn't need to adjust the power supply thus if now the buffer board went, bad panel.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Toshiba 42HP66 repair manual Reply with quote

Minnie,

Thank you for your response. The Y-sus board could be bad, I do not know, how do I test it? I am reluctant to begin board swapping. I have been surfing the web for a good 42hp66 repair manual that has the testing and proper installation process for the y-sus board, but so far no luck. Do you or anyone out there have a link for this info. Note: "for free". I don't mind paying for hardware but this info must be out there somewhere. Looking at these foruns, I am not the first person with this problem.

Thanks
Mr. R...
gary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie means a bad plasma display panel and i agree with him, time to buy a new set
k1200bmws

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: repair manual for this unit Toshiba (42hp66) Reply with quote

Thank you Gary,

I would like to find a repair manual for this unit (42hp66). It could be the panel or the y sus or the buffer board. There must be a test point for each of these items. Does anyone have a manual or a place i can down load a pdf.

Thanks,
Mr R
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the panel, it gives you the voltages and on the sustain boards the connectors tell you the voltage/input. So say the VA voltage is 195 volts the connector on the Y sustain or Z sustain will say Va/Vs and you meter it to see if it is 195 volts.
k1200bmws

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minnie,

I powered up the unit.

At the Y_sus Board I get:

VA=90 volts DC+/-
VS=600 volts DC+/-
5v=5v
Voltage across Resistor R36 (VY) = 710 volts DC

I read something about R36 needing to be 600 volts +/- 5v

Does this sound correct or are adjustments required? If not, which pots should I be adjusting?

Thanks
Mr. R

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure VS is 600?
k1200bmws

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guest,

Clearly I’m the worse tech on the planet, maybe I was just drunk. In either case I retested the unit.

At the Y_sus Board I get:

VA=50 volts DC+/-
VS=175 volts DC+/-
5v=5v
Voltage across Resistor R36 (VY) = 185 volts DC

I have repeated the test several times trough out the day including repeated power on and off’s.

I read something about R36 needing to be 600 volts +/- 5v

Does this sound correct or are adjustments required? If not, which pots should I be adjusting?

Thanks
Mr. R

PS still looking for a repair manual for this unit. (toshiba 42hp66 )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия