electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha RX-V650 won't power on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilecuter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: RX-V650 Power problem Reply with quote

Cheers guys C405 it was. Happy days are here again. Very Happy [/code]
MrBrain

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank for the C405 info here, I recently had a dead V650 that would power on (only after disconnecting power/reconnecting and instant power on). Replaced the C405 and it works fine now.

However my C405 was 222nF/630V, I replaced with a 22nF as mentioned here and it works (for now atleast) Smile
BloodyL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hi there,
Just a quick post to thank everyone in this thread for the solution to the RX-V650 power issue, replacing C405 with a 22nf 630v Poly Cap with 10mm lead spacing has completely fixed my issues.

The unit now responds to power on requests from the remote and the power button immediately.

Many thanks, here's to another 10 years of RX bliss!.

BloosyL.
claysat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Yamaha RX-V659 Reply with quote

In this model the problem was the capacitor C654 22nf 650V
SrdjanR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: RX-V657 Same Problem Reply with quote

Hello there,

has anybody got an idea what will be the case with RX-V657 are we talking about the same capacitor, or is it slightly different?

Best regards
Srdjan
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Pull both service manuals.
2) Examine the 650 to learn where the cap they are talking about is located - Parts list - Physical location - Schematic location.
3) Examine the 657 manual to learn IF there is a 'similar' (or exact) part used in the same circuitry / locations.
http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=RX-V65&kategoria=&kat2=all

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the C405 inside the RXV650 the same in appearence as the replacement part PHE450MB5220JR06 , so can be spotted easy and swapped?
shabazxz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Yamaha Receiver RX-V650 and changed the 22nf/630v. i have changed the 1uf/50v, 3300uf and c1815 (q401) and still nothing. I have by-passed the relay (joint) and nothing. I have mesured the S10 and have 10v. I have mesured the 5v of the cpu and it is good. What to do ? Could be the CPU or one channel?
OH6NT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Same symptom, same remedy Reply with quote

The valur of C405 should be 22 nF, was 1.2 nF. Replaced it, and Yamaha came to life. Thanks for tips. /Tom
scorpion136

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: RX-V657 power problem Reply with quote

Hi, I have an RX-V657 which powers on for just two seconds, then powers off.

Searched the web, found the videos from EEVblog and replaced C405 with an equivalent, but that did not fix things. I actually replaced it twice to be sure it was not a bad cap from Mouser.

One strange thing - on my RX-V657 the value of C405 is 47 nF (473K) rather than 22 nF as most others have found on their boards. Should I try a 22 nF cap?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия