electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Goodmans GTV42P 42" Plasma TV - No display Fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Goodmans GTV42P 42" Plasma TV - No display Fault Reply with quote

Hi.

I have a Goodmans 42" Plasma TV which has been working great up until recently. The problems started initially aftr powering on, with speckles upon movement of images on the screen. These colored speckles quickly went away after 30 seconds - 1 minute after powering on.

Recently however the display would not show anything after initial power on, but would come in to view within 30 seconds to 1 or 2 minutes, then worked fine thereafter. However slowly the time for the display to come on would slowly increase to maybe 5 minutes before it would appear.

However now, the display does not come on at all, but i do see a very faint glimmer of what should be seen (nothing like a faulty inverter on a laptop where you can see the image on he screen when the backlight doesnt power on). I can see an almost Gas like appearance to the screen when its slowly trying to come on.

Any ideas what this could be?

Is it possible to adjust the Zsus & Ysus board and if so, what tools do i need? If a board needs replaced, any ideas where i could locate replacement parts (in the UK).

Lastly, what would make a plasma fit for the bin? (as in, where replacement parts are not viable - i.e. gas depletion/failure)
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the power supply for vented caps?
dmk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Minnie, i was hoping you would reply as i've rad a lot of your posts here and even thought about sending you a private pm due to your knowledge.

No, i havent yet been inside the screen, mainly because i have thought that it would most likely be a replacemet board required. However yesterday i was looking online for replacement boards and it seems (although i could be wrong as i never spent a great deal of time) that they dont make replacement parts for it and parts may be hard to come by. So i would imagine that it would need to be repaired at the component level, which is a bit out of my realm (i do laptop repairs but only minor soldering etc) bu never the less if it required it, i could take a faulty board out and give it to an repair electrician to repair if it were viable.

Back to the subject, i havent checked for vented caps on the power supply board. do you think that could be the issue? It would be great if it were. I will check.

Also minni (or anyone else) I know i have given limited info, but due to the symptoms, what else do you think it could likely be? Does it really sound like a power problem? i understand that there isnt many boards inside these things, like the zsus ysus. What do they actually do? (as when the screen did come on, the display was perfect, excluding the minor speckles of color initially, so perhaps its not those boards??).

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm looking forward to knowing more about it, even if it is not repairable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I've just checked the boards and all are pretty well imaculate looking, just some minor dust buildup in some small areas, but no vented caps or anything that i can see that visually looks worn/damaged.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to take some voltage measurements. See If you have your VS and VA voltages along with the 12 and 5 volts coming off the power supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия