electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
F61 problem in a cd player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefixer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: F61 problem in a cd player Reply with quote

I have a 5 -cd -player with tape and radio .its model PANASONIC SA-CH74 EG .the problem is when i put it on there is always F61 on display and nothing work :no tape nor cd .Any one to help me with this .Thanks in advance.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: F61 problem Reply with quote

Usually bad audio output IC !
OriginlQ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: F61 error Reply with quote

Smile Yerp I agree with the other reply something in the audio system but it could be the CD read lamp as well and this is an easy fix to try first
Purchase a cd head cleaner get a WETone they work better put the fluid on the CD cleaner and run it as instructed if it does not clean up the error message there is another problem. if it does clean up the source of the dirt deposits and go forthe with power and knowledge. a clean CD is a wonderful product but they will scratch and get dirty and they can transfer that dirt to places you really don't want it to be.
OriginlQ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm You'll Also need to clean your tape haed as well ... the idea being that a sensor is protecting your system from damage due to a forign substance inside the unit.
OriginlQ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm another thought before I leave this one , sometimes audio systems have a moisture sensor that exibit the F61 error on the display
bring a unit in from out of doors in cold weather can cause this error message especially in video camera equipment..... if the system is an advanced type it may have a lithium battery on it's PCB pull the battery this kill it's memory reinstall the battery and power the unit on in a warm and dry environment. I have used a hot air gun to dry out the sensors on some video cameras and had good sucess.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: OriginlQ Reply with quote

I predict "The Fixer" will say unit has NO AUDIO on ANY function. Whether the tape "moves" or CD "spins" (with counters incrementing), or whether optical pickup &/or heads are "dirty" is irrelevant until "F61" problem is addressed.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: further Reply with quote

Schematic (of "POWER Circuit" Only) is available in this forum's archives.
Remove suspect IC501 (RSN3502).
Everything should now "work" (NO SOUND - obviously) with no "F61" in display.
Obtain and replace IC501.
thefixer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: reply for F61 problem Reply with quote

i would like to add that this problem (f61 in display) occurs sometimes not always.my customer told me that sound is ok but i haven't checked yet.
gary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the fan is rotating freely, the grease often hardens in the bearing and inhibits the rotation, on most panasonics the micro will detect this and shut down giving a misleading F61 error code.
cannabis_mike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: F61 problem Reply with quote

i have a panasonic SA-AK122 . it displays F61 whenever i turn it on. ive already replaced STK470-090 but still the problem hasnt changed. WHAT TO DO?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия