electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha RX-V800 strange issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miltown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Yamaha RX-V800 strange issue Reply with quote

Hey all . I have an RX-V800 that shuts down every time an input is selected or the program button is pushed, or the DSP switch is turned on/off or the 6ch input switch is turn on/off. Now the details . If 6ch input is on I can select inputs without it shutting down. I can press the program button if the effects(DSP) is off. If I press input though it will still shut down. Sometimes it will not turn on at all but usually after 3x it will turn on with the above stated issues. Any takers. I have a manual for the unit and the voltages all look like they are there I've checked voltage reg IC's on Function card and they look fine. I have not checked their output voltage yet as they are in an unreachable space but I'm looking to check it at the phono IC. Anyone with some ideas or someone who is familiar with these. I'm not. I also have not checked any caps yet I have to grab the ESR tester from work.

paul
Drdave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, I would check the muting transistors (Q-515 thru Q-528) on the function pcb. One might be leaky and could cause it to shut down when you change modes. Also check(C-633) the memory backup cap, that's known to leak.If it has clean the board real good around the cap and replace it. Even if it hasn't leaked yet replace it anyway. Let us know what you find. Good luck.
miltown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked out the transistors and they are fine. Have not checked out the caps yet. I did notice before the speaker relay clicks the buttons will work without shuting down the unit. Once they click though it is all over.
Drdave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said you could change inputs without shut down until the protect relay kicks in. That maybe normal.
Are you testing with or without speakers hooked up?
If it is with, remove all of them and see what happens.If it does not shut down then check the speaker jacks one by one to see if you have DC offset on any or all when you change inputs, and let us know.
Then we can go to the next step
miltown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was my 1st step to remove speakers. I'm in service mode now. I currently have nothing plugged into the unit as it is being serviced. The same thing still happens with or without speakers. I get to take the ESR from work this weekend so I can get on the caps. I'm really puzzled on this one. I haven't found a bad voltage anywhere yet. With time it will come though.

paul
miltown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New discovery. When I leave the unit on for more than a half-hour I can press the buttons a few times before it will shut down instead of just once like it was doing when it is first powered on. Would that lead me to caps?- Maybe that memory battery/cap?

paul
miltown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well an update. I tested the caps pretty good. I did find a bad cap at C633 so that was replaced . (That is what to so long to reply waiting for parts.)Goood call D. ,But that also did not solve the problem. So any new guesses?

paul
miltown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found it. A cold solder on the front board. Not exactly sure where on the board but resoldered the whole thing and all is good. Probably on the display those get some heat. That is always my last ditch effort and 98% of the time works.

PS I did not resolder the chip. I would of if the unit still did not work.

PAUL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия