electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SAMSUNG lcdtv al29a0 MODEL LW29AI3W - frustrating fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkSullivan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: SAMSUNG lcdtv al29a0 MODEL LW29AI3W - frustrating fault Reply with quote

My son bought this TV second hand with his hard earned paper round/birthday/Christmas/Odd job money... it now has an intermittent frustrating fault. If any one can throw light on this it would put a smile on his face...

Power on - screen is black - All is well and TV works for a few days.

Power on - Screen is white - Any Video shows as odd green/purple blocky colours... this will happen every two-three days and by repeatedly turning off/cycle mains power, turning on (for around 30-60 minutes) eventually it will come on with a black screen and work OK again.

Sound is good all the time.

Same effect on AV or RF input...

Any thoughts or ideas that anyone out there can throw this way will be most appreciated by a frustrated Dad who cant get his kids toy fixed!!

PS. I have taken this to an Ex Radio Rentals TV repairman who had it for 9 days before proclaiming "Mmmm - It has a white screen but the sound is OK! I dunno how to fix it though!"

UPDATE:Now the "TV Engineer" has had alook I cant get anything out of it... Sound still OK - screen is either white or Blue whenever it feels in the mood.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try and clean the contacts on the LVDS cable going from the digital main board to the top tcon board. It could also be a bad/defective tcon or digital main board. Also, the possibility of a bad panel. Also check the power supply board for bulged caps. I've seen bulged caps cause video problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия