electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vauxhall Triple Display Unit Problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raissazhou02

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Vauxhall Triple Display Unit Problem? Reply with quote

I have just bought a new triple display unit for my 02 Astra Convertible as you could not read the old one, I looked everywhere for a second hand one as the Vauxhall dealers quoted me over £400, finally found a new one in stock in a Vauxhall dealers and got it for £100. The display unit shows the time, temperature, date, radio stations etc. It should also say the average mileage and how far till the petrol runs out and so on, however where this should be displayed all it says is program? I've tried pressing and holding the buttons in different combinations but nothing seems to work? Why is this and how can I solve it?

Any help will be great!
Coach handbags
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely, a new such unit needs to be configured for the car which it is to be used in by means of a diagnostic tool (GM's TECH II or a third-party pc software and OBD cable that emulates it).

Check further with the repair manuals for the car (not DIY manuals but GM's own manuals that can usually be found at some filesharing sites). Repair data collections like Autodata or Alldata can also be useful. Another possibility is internet forums specialized in Opel/Vauxhall problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия