electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips MD2.22 chassie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counterfeit semiconductors are indeed a major problem and some are rather hard to detect. (one reason I do my best to nuke any "Chinese" ad here). Of course the best weapon is to try to stick with known supplier(s). Another way is to compare the logo on the device. On many occasions it is a dead giveaway. Here is a logo source
http://freespace.virgin.net/matt.waite/resource/logos/index.htm.

Test equipment such as a curve tracer can be used to look at the performance signature but surely not too practical when trying to repair something.
Also, here is some good information
http://sound.westhost.com/counterfeit.htm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back here again..

The bu and fet change worked well and the set is stable since repair.
However lately I hear 50Hz interference from speakers, the more intense and white the screen is, the more 50Hz I hear.

I know it must be some capacitor somewhere dried-out..
Question is WHERE?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check whether the 50 Hz interference is syncronous to the mains or to the video signal, that will give a clue of where to look for the problem.

A method of checking it is to connect an oscilloscope to the loudspeaker output and adjust it so you see the interference. Then try trigger the scope from the mains or from the video signal and see when the interference gets stationary.

If the problem really is due to crosstalk from the video signal to the sound circuitry, double check that all ground connections from the CRT board, CRT coating etc are correctly fitted, and also check that no CRT related cabling is located near sound related cabling in the set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия