electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Nissan Primera SVE Service reminder Info Please
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Nissan Primera SVE Service reminder Info Please Reply with quote

Anybody know how to enter and cancel or alter the service reminder?
The car has 4 reminders for service. Three can be set by the user but one can only by set by the garage. Do they use a computer or a specific sequence of key pushing?
When the service is due an annoying reminder is displayed every time the car is started and the garage sets to another milage.
This is fine if you always take it to the Nissan dealer for service as I have been doing but as the car ages you may wish to do it yourself eventually.
ourbabyboo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: re nissan reset service Reply with quote

hi all you do is have ignition on keep pressing the info button
then this opens up a new screen just have a play around there you can reset service indicator there.ray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Nissan Primera SVE Service reminder Info Please Reply with quote

Many thanks for replying ourbabyboo. I use the site regularly and offer assistance to others if I can. This is the second time I asked for assistance and in bith cases received a much appreciated reply. Thank you.

By coincidence I just happened to be browsing a Nissan forum just yesterday and somebody asked the same question and I pasted the reply below and confirm it does work.

P12 Service light reset Etc

SELF DIAGNOSIS and CONFIRMATION/ADJUSTMENT MODE
1. START ENGINE.
2. TURN AUDIO SYSTEM OFF.
3. WHILE PRESSING THE INFO SWITCH,TURN THE VOL CONTROL 30 CLICKS OR MORE (dosen't matter which way).
When self diag and conf/adj mode is started a short "beep" will be heard.
Select CONFIRM/ADJUSTMENT.
Select SERVICE.
You should be able to reset and make any adjustments on the screen displayed.
If you need to go back a screen at any stage, use the "PREV" button.

Regards

Don
[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: nissan service reminder Reply with quote

thanks for the advice about the service reminder. it worked a treat,its a bit fiddly.but perservere it does work
sparky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Nissan Primera SVE Service reminder Info Please Reply with quote

Glad you found the info useful.
Since I posted this I obtained the service disk for future reference.
Charlie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Nissan Primera SVE Service reminder Reply with quote

Many thanks for this - I'd been told by my Nissan dealership that only Nissan could reset it (special equipment was needed), that the mileage before service couldn't be changed, and that the reminder couldn't be disabled - so much for dealer credibility.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Nissan Primera SVE Service reminder Reply with quote

ourbabyboo wrote:
I'd been told by my Nissan dealership that the mileage before service couldn't be changed, and that the reminder couldn't be disabled - so much for dealer credibility.

Same with me, my dealer said that the service interval was fixed. I knew this wasn't true as when I first got the car the service interval was set to 12K miles and now it's 9k. At least I can turn off the annoying warnings now.

Anyone know how to turn off the bing-bong when the temperature drops below 3degrees, very annoying, especially when the temperature keeps on rising and falling either side of the warning threshold!

Geoffrey
-----
Fancy a holiday in rural Brittany? - see our Gite website at www.giteinbrittany.com
Littleangel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: P12 Engine Light reset Reply with quote

HI GUYS

CAN YOU PLS HELP, I WANT TO RESET MY P12 ENGINE LIGHT... I NEED HELP ON HW TO DO THIS.....PLSSSSS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Nissan Primera SVE Service reminder Info Please Reply with quote

Quote:
1. START ENGINE.
2. TURN AUDIO SYSTEM OFF.
3. WHILE PRESSING THE INFO SWITCH,TURN THE VOL CONTROL 30 CLICKS OR MORE (dosen't matter which way).
When self diag and conf/adj mode is started a short "beep" will be heard.
Select CONFIRM/ADJUSTMENT.
Select SERVICE.
You should be able to reset and make any adjustments on the screen displayed.
If you need to go back a screen at any stage, use the "PREV" button.
neoglow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jst replaced the in-dash guages, i mean the entire meter set. I saw the unit is fully electronic. however none of the meters are working now except for the temp meter. Has it something to wit the ECU. I mean the after installing the new meter should i be doing something else.

I guess the issue is related hence stating it here!

Please assist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия