electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio VW42L HDTV10A No Picture or Sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jomede

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Vizio Reply with quote

While it is unfortunate that you had a bad experience with your Vizio LCD I can honestly say that I have great luck with my Vizio LCD 46" over 2.5 years old.I also have 3 other Vizio LCD's that I have had no issues with.
starchaser09

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Remove Cover Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm glad I found this thread. I too have a Vizio 42" which recently took a crap. After Vizio refused any kind of assistance in its repair other then to say it would cost around $600.00, I took it upon myself to fix it (I hope).

My question to anyone is how to remove the cover to get at the main board. The last thing i want to do is make things worse.

I've removed all the screws and mounting brackets from the back of the tv. and tried lifting it off but its not coming. Any Help would be of great assistance.

P.S. I got my mainboard from Encompus (800-432-8542) They sell brand new (not referbished) boards. Its where Vizio gets their parts. It cost me $123.90 + $20 core.

Thanks in advance....
CoffeeCoffeeCoffee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Remove Cover Reply with quote

starchaser09 wrote:
Hi all,
My question to anyone is how to remove the cover to get at the main board. The last thing i want to do is make things worse.

I've removed all the screws and mounting brackets from the back of the tv. and tried lifting it off but its not coming. Any Help would be of great assistance.

Are you talking about getting the rear plastic cover off of the TV?

If so, then (if your TV is like mine) you'll want to start on either side of the TV right above where the speaker bezel stops. This will be where the first plastic clip sections start.

You can take your finger tip/nail and get under the edge of the rear cover and pry it out towards the side gently. This should release the bottom clip and you'll just have to pull up slightly on the rear cover to pop the clip up over the recess in the front bezel.

Keep doing the prying/pulling trick about every 5-6 inches working your way up the side of the TV, across the top of it, and then down the opposite side that you started on. There are no clips on the bottom to release, so at this point you should be able to lift the rear cover off of the TV.

I still have the parts for my TV in the other room so I took a picture of mine showing where the recesses are on the front bezel where the rear cover clips into. Hope it helps.

Link to larger image: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9140/tvplastic.jpg
starchaser09

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you and yes the info helped. I'll post here if i get my Vizio back up and running after installing the main board. I hope everyone else got their Vizio POS running again
starchaser09

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Vizio VW42L FHDTV10A Reply with quote

Hi Again,

After replacing the Main Board I'm still sitting in the same boat. I can hear the TV and change the channel but NO Picture! Any Ideas??
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panel/inverters
starchaser09

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Inverter Reply with quote

Which inverter (Master/Slave) and is there a way to test them?
starchaser09

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: VW42L FHDTV Reply with quote

Has anyone out there fixed their TV's? I'm now looking for someone who
has a TV like mine. Hopefully we can work together to figure out which
component it is that is bad in your TV and mine, by swapping parts and
trial and error... Once we know which parts are bad then we can proceed
to find said parts. Until then we can guess all we want.

I've already swapped a new Main board into my unit and discovered that mine would seem to be good and make me believe it is one of the inverters.
Oh ya, I've found out that the Inverters for this model are non existant.

If you have a VW42L FHDTV Please reply. I believe the inverters are used in another model as well.

Master Inverter part number; 6632L-0470A PNL-T707A
Slave Inverter part number; 6632L-0471A PNL-T707A
gavricc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: vw42l Reply with quote

i have vw42l with cracked screen. either sell me your non powering tv for spare lcd or i can sell you parts from mine. all the parts from inside for $170 to anywhere in usa.tv powers on OK and picture shows but cracked screen. i am located in tampa bay, florida
[email protected]
helpmypantsareonfire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Question... Reply with quote

Wow - this website is great.

I didn't want to make a new thread about this model so I thought I'd add to it.

About a week and a half ago my 1.5 year old V42L started having the No Picture w/ audio issue. Luckily, I purchased my TV from Wal-Mart with the 3 year extended warranty. The service center was fairly prompt in contacting me back and setting up an appointment.

Service man gets here Friday and after checking voltages, etc decides that the LCD is bad and is preventing the inverters from firing the backlight (I think that is what he said). He put in an order to replace the LG LCD through his company.

Here is my question - he mentioned that a lot of the time warranty companies can't find the LCD for TVs like this and will just cut a check for replacement. How likely is that scenario? The original purchase price was 900+ so would an LCD be more than the cost of the set? What is the time frame I'm looking at?

Thanks for anyone's help!

-BN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия