electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio VW42L HDTV10A No Picture or Sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this thread think will save money and not buy any more parts. I have a 47" Vizio 10A had the power bit no picture or sound. I replaced the main board still doesn't work. I was going to buy the power supply board but now that I see there are other possibilities I will not spend the money. TV lasted for 2.5 years it made a loud pop while playing PS3 and it died.
Mongaupt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: How d you test to see if the boards are working Reply with quote

I would like to test all the boards before i go buying a whole bunch of parts. Im sure if i buy the master the slave the power supply and the main board i will get the tv working. But it's probably only one of the four. Does anyone know how to tests these boards? Thanks very much, Louis
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obvious. Swapping each board with a known good one usually is best way.
MONGAUPT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: I dont hear anyhing when i hit the power button. Reply with quote

I have the same vw42l, took the back cover off and checked the mainboard and the power supply for any type of cap problems. I also see the blue light coming on one of the master / slave boards. It doesnt happen every time but when i play with the power button it will come on for a few seconds from time to time.

I dont hear anything when i hit the power button. I believe it might be the power supply but not totally sure. I have read alot of forms about this and havent seen anyone to get it working yet. I have a samsung that is almost 4 years old that crapped out on me but i was able to replace the caps for easy fix. Now trying to fix this one also. If anyone can help me test the main board or power supply that would be great.

What is that white looking fuse on the power board?

Thanks all
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I dont hear anyhing when i hit the power button. Reply with quote

That is a ceramic time delay type fuse T6.3AH250V which should show about zero ohms if good.

What is that white looking fuse on the power board?

Thanks all
Louis[/quote]
mongaupt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: I replaced the power supply and the main board and no good Reply with quote

After replacing the main board and the power supply board it still doesnt work. The blue light does light up for a second in the back but thats it. Does anyone have any other idea on what it can be. I guess i should replace the main and slave tv boards. but this seems to be getting little to crazy. Louis
eztv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: VW42L HDTV10A Reply with quote

I have repaired the master and slave inverters. They are used in Vizio, Philips, and Digital Lifestyles Panels. Top part # is LC420WU5 silk-screened on the board [master/slave]. Bottom # is 6632L-0470A PNEL-T707A-Master and T708A-Slave and I am thinking of offering a service to repair them for others. If any one is interested, contact me at [email protected] for info.
guest1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: vizio flickers Reply with quote

Where r u located?
My vizio flickers like a strob light took the back off and the left side board was black like it was burned from the blue light, it makes a clicking sound when it flickers from the board.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest1 wrote:
the left side board was black like it was burned from the blue light

Phaser or disruptor?
monaupt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VW42L HDTV10A Reply with quote

eztv wrote:
I have repaired the master and slave inverters. They are used in Vizio, Philips, and Digital Lifestyles Panels. Top part # is LC420WU5 silk-screened on the board [master/slave]. Bottom # is 6632L-0470A PNEL-T707A-Master and T708A-Slave and I am thinking of offering a service to repair them for others. If any one is interested, contact me at [email protected] for info.

So the problem was the master and slave?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия