electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio VW42L HDTV10A No Picture or Sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkSyd2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justmanuals wrote:
The manual I have is complete. Right off the Vizio site.
I agree...I downloaded it and found it is more complete. Your's is the only copy I have found that has ALL information.
Chancey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: VW42L powerup problems Reply with quote

OK...Page 9-5 of the manual indicates the step by step procedure to diagnose the DC-DC Converter. The problem I am having, is when powered on...no powerup.

I checked the first step that claims J1 pin 10,11 and 12 should have 5v. In fact, it does. Next step says to power on the TV. The only indication I have of power up is the vizio orange light that turns white. Then u must check J1 pin 2,3,4 and 5 for 12v. (On the VW42L, pin 5 is not populated...must be in general for all TV;s that follow this design scheme.) There is no voltage on these pins and PIN 1, shows NO voltage for PSON and F2 is good that provides the 12v.

I found a 3.3v reference on the power supply, removed pin1 from connector on mainboard, to prevent back feeding voltage, and jumpered to trick PS to come on. BAM!! TV powers up on I have FULL functionality and menu's and the 12v is present on 2,3 and 4.

Here's my question...pin1 is not fed from the power supply but the main board. The walkthrough say's to check the PS. Is pin 1 not in fact a toggle that is triggered from the mainboard to power on the switch mode? With ALL that I have read on this thread...I am leary to pay $170 for the mainboard if it's the PS and vice versa. Am I on the right track in assuming it IS in fact the mainboard that is causing the problem? The reason I ask...I don't wanna have to be out $200 + dollars buying two boards when I proved out the display is in fact good.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: vizio t.v.s Reply with quote

these t.vs are junk, on my second one, the first was given to me. Thought it was old because of poor quality pic. So went and bought a new one poor pic. in dark pictures all washed out. Had this junk not even 2/yrs. and color lines up and down one side of screen. Never again, what do you expect, made in taiwan. Bought a sony bavia best t.v. made.
maritza

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: tv Reply with quote

Hey my tv just went black last night and won't come on No.sound or nothing it's just a black
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good. Now read a book.
Perhaps Black Beauty; The Bride Wore Black or The Dark of Night?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия