electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Scart to RF

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulpav

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Scart to RF Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any cables, modulators, switches or other such gadgetery that allows me to take a scart (or 3xRCA) output and run this into an RF (co-axial) input?

I know this sounds like a bit of backwards way to do things, but its to run something into a TV two rooms and about 10 meteres away, i've already got a co-ax cable running the distance so just want to join into that cable (with a splitter of course) rather than having a big fat scart lead doing the same journey.

Hope you can help
plamensl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think you can do that in a cheap way.
If there is such a device (which i doubt) the price will be too high to be worth it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/slx_rf_modulator.htm - there's a lot of things like that come up on a Google search for Scart RF Modulator

Or, if your handy with a soldering iron, get a cheap Camcorder RF modulator, stick 5V to it and wire a Scart socket to the video and audio phono's. Simple (if you know how).
paulpav

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: RF Modulator Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys (or girls?) - will look at the link suggested by Guest.
But thought of a nice easy (but slightly bulky) way round the problem. Run the scart into any old VCR (think i might have an old one rattling around somewhere), and then take the RF output from there ... might work.
pcfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or you can simply use the rf modulator from a vcr. Works for me since 2000 !
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия