electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba LCD 42HL167
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldIBMer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Yes they burn in but mura is mura.

Minnie, how is mura related to the retention of a recurring image? I thought it had to do with inconsistencies in the LCD panel itself and so would not be related to any specific image. Probably I don't understand it properly. Question

Gerald
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldIBMer wrote:
minnie wrote:
Yes they burn in but mura is mura.

Minnie, how is mura related to the retention of a recurring image? I thought it had to do with inconsistencies in the LCD panel itself and so would not be related to any specific image. Probably I don't understand it properly. Question

Gerald

Mura is a inconstancy in the panel or a disease. It's contamination. Image retention is when the "pixels" doesn't turn off quick enough and video information overlaps which can be addressed a lot of times with firmware upgrades, burn in is permanent image retention to a specific area. It's rare but does occur. It's a half ass explanation but works for me! Razz
OldIBMer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:

Mura is a inconstancy in the panel or a disease. It's contamination. Image retention is when the "pixels" doesn't turn off quick enough and video information overlaps which can be addressed a lot of times with firmware upgrades, burn in is permanent image retention to a specific area. It's rare but does occur. It's a half ass explanation but works for me! Razz

Thanks, Minnie. I think people need to understand whether or not images that appear on the screen for extended periods of time will actually cause "burn in". Many people say that can't happen with a LCD, but apparently it can and steps should be taken to prevent it?
Probably we will be hearing lots more about this (as well as lots more about what we should expect regarding the long term reliability of LCDs)!!!
Rolling Eyes

Gerald
enough2bedangerous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: A bit confused Reply with quote

When I debated with the TV guy about burn in (I thought he was going to blame me for the damage) I asked him if it was really burn in, then why do I have a uniform one inch vertical white bar on the left side of the screen? Rolling Eyes and a vertical inconsistent black line on the right? He got more agitated and just kept saying it was the display, and that's the way he will report it..
I agreed at that point.
Latest update the extended service plan called and said they will replace the TV they left message. I have been out looking at equivalent TV'S, Maybe someone can explain this New ClearScan 240™ technology. It don't sound like a true 240hz TV it sounds like some clever sales pitch. LOL the kid at the store was clueless when I asked him about this clearscan. Is this a legit technology its on Toshiba 42ZV65OU model. What do you think minne?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy, PM me! 240hz is a knock off of 60hz refresh rate.
enoughtobedangerous2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Replaced TV Reply with quote

Ok well for the first time in my life I actually had a warranty and got a replacement TV. They replaced it with the Toshiba Regza 42zv650u. Its nicer than what I had but If I had to buy a new TV it would not have been another Toshiba. Now I have a question.
They didn't take the old set which is good now I have two remotes, but
I was thinking of giving it away but feel bad because it has lines in it?
What would be the cheapest way to repair it, panel wise?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: enoughtobedanrerous2 Reply with quote

Ok Ok, and yes I would love to take this sucker apart and see what makes it tick Laughing
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panel costs too much!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame what does a person do with this thing...Its just a shame to throw out. A samsung panel wont fit?
desideriascott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toshiba 42HL167 LCD TV creates colours which are lively and realistic. The thin, black, glossy frame that surrounds the screen and the piano black swivel base are quite impressive. The sleek, long remote is easy to operate and the various buttons provide you lot of options to tune the performance of this LCD TV.Also as vompared to other LCD TVs on the market, it is very inexpensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия