electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony HCD-RXD6AV Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlmclean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Sony HCD-RXD6AV Question Reply with quote

I am trying to find the belt numbers for the tape drives on a Sony HCD-RXD6AV home stereo system. I have the service manual but for some reason there is no info on the drive belts for the tape decks. I found a site where I can order the belts but they list 5 different numbers and there are only four belts and I just need two of them and at $15 ea. I want to make sure I order the correct ones. On each deck, there is a small square belt that goes from the motor to ONE drive wheel. I have them and they are in good condition. There are also the two flat belts that are longer and they go around the two large drive wheels. On deck "A" it goes around the motor and two large drive wheels and two idler pulleys that help direct the belt and on deck "B" it just goes around the motor and the two large drive wheels. These two belts are the ones that I need the part numbers for. If anyone can help, please let me know.
In the manual it says that HCD-RXD3 uses a similar tape deck.
Thanks
Jerry
Boggs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if this service bulletin helps you in any way:

http://www.schematics.me/downloads/sb_uk_au01302.pdf
jlmclean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs
Those are the same part numbers that I had found. This bulletin does eliminate the 403 as it's for a different machine. I'm thinking the first two listed, the 400 and 401, are the two I need but I really need a parts breakdown with the picture of them to make sure. I guess when my service manual was printed, the only option you had was to replace the whole unit. It shows no breakdown of the tape deck at all. Do you have any idea what the abbreviations in parenthesis stand for, the BFR, AFR, BR, AF, and AR? I feel sure the A and B stands for deck A and deck B but I'm not sure about the others.
Thanks for the bulletin. I printed it and added it to my manual.
Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия