electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50UX58B
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX58B Reply with quote

MY WAS WATCHING HITACHI MODEL 50UX58B AND IT WENT DEAD.
I CALLED HITACHI TV CO. THEY GAVE ME THEIR REPAIR SERVICE PHONE NUMBER. THEY CAME AND TOLD ME THAT FUSES ARE BAD AND NEED A NEW REGULATOR AND GAVE ME ROUGH ESTIMATE OF $ 250. HE WENT TO SHOP AND FAXED ME ESTIMATE OF $ 428.83. HE WROTE "IN DESCRIPTION OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED " NEEDS POWER SUPPLY REPAIRED. I ASKED HIM TO GIVE ME BETTER DETAIL SO I CAN COMPARE APPLE TO APPLE. HE SENT ME ANOTHER ESTIMATE AND TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD EXCATLY THE SAME TV NEEDED NEW POWER DEF PWB AND GAVE ME ESTIMATE OF $ 805.92 HOW CAN YOU TRUST THIS TECHNICIAN WHAT DO i DO ?

I ORDER THE BOOK AND FOUND OUT ( D940 B-120 SERVICE LED WAS OUT ANDD946 TV9V WOULD COME LITTLE BIT LATER.

i DO NOT KONW HOW TO PROCEED FROM HERE. CAN ANY BODY HELP ?
mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a red led glowing, and are the green leds out?
if you have red and green leds which of the green ones is out?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead - Replace c707 and e994
power light blinking fuse open Replace C707 (1000pF/2kv)
No power, power supply geen led light on then shuts off E994 protecter 2Amp open. C707 SHORT
No power Replaced open protector E994 and blown C707

A place to start. Sounds like c707 is shorted or dry.
Hook 'Em In Texas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: C707 & E994 Reply with quote

After reading the posts on this site, I felt obligated to post. I ordered the service manual for my 50UX58B TV, found the C707 cap with a hole in it and smoke on the cap next to C707. I replaced C707 first and had the same LED power up symptoms as other posts (no B+ LED and flashing red service LED). Next I check the E994 and it was open. Replace it and the TV is operational again. I did both component replacement without removing the main power supply board. Just clipped the leads and soldered onto the exiting posts. Thanks for your posts. Saved me about $2,000. Gonna order a High Definition Tuner for this TV this week because I just found out that it handles 1080i input. Ahhhh!!!! Should have read the users manual a few years ago!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: c707 and e994 fuses Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my tv. I have been looking for these 2 fuses. can anyone please let me know where they are located? If i can change these myself, I'd love to try.
nellinoggins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: 1080i ?? Reply with quote

Can the 50ux58B really handle 1080i? I know it says it has 1000 pixels vertical, but I cant get it to sync to any "i" modes?

Thanks
LIU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: STK 392-110 Reply with quote

MY HITACHI 50UX58B DEAD SECOND TIMES
First tims is 2 years ago ,C707 was broken .this time is 1 month ago ,I fine STK392-110 PIN 5 +18V ,PIN 4 only -4V and red LED flashing.Because I have not service manual , I do not know how to fix my TV, Can any body help?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

where did you all find the parts at?
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Dead Hitachi Reply with quote

Same problem, and same simple fix. TV works great, as before. The shipping cost more than the parts!

Thanks for the posts.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead Hitachi Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Same problem, and same simple fix. TV works great, as before. The shipping cost more than the parts!

Thanks for the posts.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия