electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HP w22 Monitor Parts and service manual needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hogwillie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: HP w22 Monitor Parts and service manual needed. Reply with quote

Make/ Model: HP w22
Regulatory Model: HSTND-2241-T
Product Number: RG556AA
SN: CNT704Z17Q
Date of Manufacture: January 2007
Assembly Number: 434000-001
Rev: CTM003

Problem: when I turn the monitor on I can see a display for about 2 seconds. The display disappears. If I turn the monitor off, then on, I can see the display for about two seconds, then it disappears again. The cycle continues. The symptom is the same with no signal input, and with input selected for VGA or for DVI.
If I shine a flashlight into the screen I can see a very faint display. I believe this indicates a backlight issue. I think I have this localized to the feedback section of the inverter section of the power supply/inverter board (PWB-1057-04).

The problem now is that the monitor is out of warranty and HP will not support it. They refuse to sell me the circuit board, any tech data, or even to direct me to a repair facility that can fix the board. They won't tell me who the OEM is so that I can ask them for the tech data. All they will offer me is a discount on the purchase of a new monitor. Talking with HP was like trying to deal with Microsoft. All their people were courteous, friendly, and provided no useful information.

Can anyone help me find a service/repair manual for this monitor?
Can anyone help me find a replacement power board?

Thank you all in advance, for your assistance.

Bill
[email protected]
zip741

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: HP w22 Reply with quote

Bill

I have the same monitor with exactly the same problem. Mine was manufactured in Oct. 2006. Please let me know if you find out anything. :?
hogwillie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: HP w22 Reply with quote

zip741 wrote:
Bill

I have the same monitor with exactly the same problem. Mine was manufactured in Oct. 2006. Please let me know if you find out anything. Confused

zip714,
I understand that you are having the same problem with your monitor as I have with mine.
I haven't had any luck finding any help so far. I even had a local guy who fixes monitors look at it. He doesn't want to spend the time on it. With no schematic or theory of operation it would take too ong to figure it out.
I have begun drawing out the schemnatic for the power board. This will take some time and be fraught with errors. The Koreans who designed this board (I believe it's a Funai) used some "interesting" concepts when lableing things. So, it's hours with a meter, tracing circuits.
Right now it's Thanksgiving morning. I'm the only one up, so I can take a few minutes for this reply. I'm in the throws of replacing my kitchen floor starting next week. After that it's Christmas. The bottom line is that it may take me some while yet to finish the reverse engineering on this power board. Even then, it may not work. I will perservere.
I'll let you know what happens.
Happy holidays to you and yours.
Bill
GSX350

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: LiGHTING PROBLEMS Reply with quote

Have you checked the CCFL bulbs to see if any are broken or burned through. Very Happy
minnie-me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: I have one of those monitors also Reply with quote

The problem with mine is in the input board, all it shows is random colored lines. The screen is not broken. If I disconnect the ribbon cable to the display, it lights up the backlight and the display is all white. I just opened it up recently to try and fix it. It appears that a volt reg on the input bd gets hot very quickly. Still have to research the part number and measure voltages. Anyone have info on the input bd?
minnie-me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: HP W22 Reply with quote

Well, I checked the voltages and found them to be ok, the problem appears to be the video controller chip. It gets very hot in a few minutes even with the monitor turned off. That explains the colored lines on the screen. Anyone have an input board they are willing to sell?
Frankie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: HP monitor 2310m Reply with quote

I have an HP 2310m monitor with the exact same problem-- image goes blank after about 2 seconds after power-on. Very repeatable, but a small percentage of attempts does result in it staying on with video-- it will stay on with no problem-- but if you turn it off and then on, it will revert to the blank mode after about 2 seconds. Mfg. date 2010. I found no schematic available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия