electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
My Panasonic NV-DS65 doesnt play or record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no - I am starting to lose hope. If I get no solution by the end of April, I'm going bite the bullet and pay the $200 to get it fixed.

I will never buy a Panasonic product again - obviously this is an inherent fault with the product and Panasonic are denying responsibility.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry - I am still waiting to hear back from someone with the magic answer. I am prepared to wait to the end of April and then regretfully, will spend the $200 to get it fixed.

One thing I do know and that is that I will never buy another Panansonic product again - ever.

Cheers
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: my Panasonic NV-DS65 doesnt playback and doesnt record : Reply with quote

Sckorpion wrote:
hello, so as i said Panasonic NV-DS65 camera would not play nor record!
i'm sure of the battery and the tape are perfect.
in VCR mode, I press play it plays the tape for about 5 seconds and then it stops automaticly and the Power light flashes many times then stops
the same problem in recoding.

please tell me what is the problem!

thx in advance
AlCam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: NV-DS60 Reply with quote

My DS60 is only 18months old and also doing the same thing.
Playback for 3 secs and then the power led flashes twice every other second.
I suspected the battery but when I ran it from the mains power supply it did the same thing. There are no fault icons on the display it just stops operating.

I have seen this fault on several other forums but none have a resolve posted.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a bill to fix my DS65. It's going to cost me AU$335.
I have just also found out that this problem is typical for video cameras that don't get used very often. For some reason the electronic circuit faults when it's not beeing used. Can't explain how but it happens.
gary allen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: problems with panasonic nvds65 Reply with quote

when I found this sight and saw that others had exactly the same problem with their Panasonic DVC I was more than slightly annoyed that there seems to be nothing that can be done about it!! I was quoted around £200 to repair and was told that this wasn't a guarantee for much life after!! I was basically told that it woulkd be better to throw it away and buy a new one!!!!. Is it me or has the world gone mad? I have had the camera for 2 years, bought to capture the early years of my twins at about £460 and it is now completely useless. Has anyone found any solution?? Mad
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: dodgy camera - what a pile of crap Reply with quote

I just had my camera repaired last week. It cost me AU$335. which is about
50% of what it would cost me to buy a new one.
They basically changed the "chassis" and adjusted the torque setting on the
tape reel. They also told me that I had to use new tapes from now on. The
camera works fine now however I am not confident it will last very long as
they only gave me a 3 month warranty on the repair. I am thinking of putting
it in Ebay before it breaks down again.

I will never buy another panasonic product again!!!!!!! Stick with
Pioneer,Sony, Samsung etc........

Good luck with your camera

Let me know if you need more information as I have the part number of the
chassis that was changed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: dodgy camera - what a pile of crap Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
I just had my camera repaired last week. It cost me AU$335. which is about
50% of what it would cost me to buy a new one.
They basically changed the "chassis" and adjusted the torque setting on the
tape reel. They also told me that I had to use new tapes from now on. The
camera works fine now however I am not confident it will last very long as
they only gave me a 3 month warranty on the repair. I am thinking of putting
it in Ebay before it breaks down again.

I will never buy another panasonic product again!!!!!!! Stick with
Pioneer,Sony, Samsung etc........

Good luck with your camera

Let me know if you need more information as I have the part number of the
chassis that was changed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the real problem is not with the cameras..its with us..All cameras should have a 5 year guarantee on parts and labor..why do we buy products that come with either 90 days on labor and 1 year on parts.
if we as a public refused to buy the products unless we were given the terms we would not have this problem//go into the stores and start complaining.
if we were to ban and stop buying these products we would be the ones discussing decent warranties..and another warning is when u r asked to buy an extended warranty. and we do it..
Ben Franklin once said.." If the people lead..the leaders will follow"
Agatha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys!
I had the exact same problem tonight with my Panasonic NV-DS65 after about 3 months of not using it, with the power light blinking after 5 seconds of play or 19 seconds of rewind, followed by the camera shutting down. After searching on the net and reading all your posts I nearly lost all hope, until I FOUND THE ANSWER!!!
I searched in google for "panasonic video camera blinking power" and found this:

I'll quote:
Quote:

Here it is May 2006, but I was still able to locate this old posting below. Thanks for keeping those older posts accessible!

My symptoms were just as described (blinking power light, tape wouldn't load), I followed Bhemus' instructions; and lo and behold, I found that one of the ribbon cable cards had become unseated!

I reseated the card, put everything back in place, and my old PV-DV203D is working perfectly again. Thanks so much, Bhemus!!

Sometimes things do work out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhemus
Ok, here goes, I had the exact same problem on my pos Panasonic pv-dv203d. After many times of taking it apart and many frustrating calls to the morons at Panasonic, I've finally figured it out, I hope it helps on your cameras.

Remove the bottom plate from the Camera (four screws, plus one near the LCD screen).

Pop off the bottom plate of the camera

Look at the ribbon cables carefully, and make sure they are all snug in the plugs. The tape transport mechanism may move them out of place.

Thats it, hope it helps

Argus

Now, our camera has a couple more screws (you'll need to also open the LCD panel there's one there too), I pulled the bottom off and gently pushed all the little ribbon cables in. It didn't seem to do anything at all, they didn't seem ot move or anything, but when I tried it again the camera is now working perfectly!!

Agatha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия