electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
My Panasonic NV-DS65 doesnt play or record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaapo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Power light blinking problem Reply with quote

Hello
Thanks to this forum for helping with my camera.
One week ago I recorded a friend's wedding and on the following day, when I tryied to see the video I could not use the camera any more with this anoying blinking led on it.
I was desperated and went to google and found this forum.
I opened the bottom of my NV-DS60 (7 screws) touched softly every thing there and it is now working again!!!
I thought it was not going to work and found my self amazed when the camera started working again.
I'll now try to close the camera back. Let's see if I remember were to put the small and large screws.
Greetings from Finland
Kaapo
Mamz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi
I had the same problem with my Panasonic NV DS65. I'm glad I visited this forum and saw the postings. We got our cam working. All we did was follow instructions from Agatha's posting. Finally we can now shoot our 7 month old's antics.

Thanks once again. This is a great Forum... keep it going.
Ryahnii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Panasonic nv-ds65 Reply with quote

Hello

Thanks Agatha. I followed your instructions and my nv-ds65 is now working again. Just in time for Christmas! Your post saved us a lot of money on repair costs. Very Happy

Ryahnii
mary christmas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: twas the night before christmas - and all was not well with Reply with quote

all was not well with my ds65 - followed the instructions above - gently - and now it goes. now i can video my son tomorrow (xmas) morning. ho ho ho
petehall347

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: twas the night before christmas - and all was not well w Reply with quote

just done the same ...wicked that fixed it
ntreds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: dv-203d Reply with quote

The solution about reseating all the ribbons worked great! Just use a small screwdriver and push on the ribbon cards in the slots gently to see if one needs reseating. Thanks!
gerogm3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: nv-ds65 Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for this post. Amazing I did the same thing touched all the ribbon plugs to ensure they were seated properly and presto camera works again.

I was quoted $300au to repair as well.

Note on the nv-ds65 there are more 8 screws and one can only be accessed by opening the viewer.

Also, in my research about this problem I came across the warning that you must switch off your pc before connecting for editiing etc. I thought this is what caused my problem originally. But it seems it is not. Nevertheless I am going to take their advice and switch off pc and then connect. Pain in the proverbial.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have the same problem with my Panasonic NV-DS65 and so I tried to do what Aghata posted, fortunately it didn't work. I did exactly as it was quoted, I even loosened all the ribbon cables and reattached them just to be sure, but it still didn't work. Does anyone have any idea?

Ps. I found 7 slots with ribbon cables under the bottom plate, have I missed someone?

Help please?
PaKMaN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Panasonic NV-DS65 fixed!!! Reply with quote

Hi, I'd like to give a really BIG thank you to Agatha and to the forum hosts!!!

I've had the same problem with my NV-DS65, plays 5 seconds and then blinking shutdown.

I did exactly as described, unscrewed 6 screws (not 7, you don't have to touch the little screw near the "BATTERY RELEASE" label), pushed all the ribbon cables I could find, put the camera back together, and it started working again.

Thanks again, really helped me out on this one!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Problem finally fixed! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi!

I have the same problem with my Panasonic NV-DS65 and so I tried to do what Aghata posted, fortunately it didn't work. I did exactly as it was quoted, I even loosened all the ribbon cables and reattached them just to be sure, but it still didn't work. Does anyone have any idea?

Ps. I found 7 slots with ribbon cables under the bottom plate, have I missed someone?

Help please?

Hi again!

Well today I tried to do the same thing again, after I had pushed all the ribbon cables I put the camera back together and tried to record. Fortunately it did work this time, I recorded about 2 minutes just to be sure that it was now okay. But when I tried to playback the video I had just recorded it stopped as usually! So now I could record but not playback the video.

After a while I found out that it stopped the playback at the same time every single time I tried to playback. And so I tried to change to another cassette just to be sure that the problem was not originated from the cassette. To my surprise after changing the cassette it did record and playback as it should do, no problems at all. I tried another cassette to be even surer that the problem was fixed, and it worked perfectly with this one too.

And then I tried to playback the first cassette that didn't work and it still did not work. So the problem was now understood.

My suggestion to you is that you try to do what Agatha quoted BUT also try to change cassette (try with a brand new just to be on the safe side). This should solve your problems I hope!

Sometimes things are simpler than you believe!

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия