electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
VGN-FJ270 graphic card upgrade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r1quicksilver89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: VGN-FJ270 graphic card upgrade? Reply with quote

Hi, Ive been trying to find out if theirs an upgrade too a graphics card for my laptop. I have a sony VGN-FJ270 ive tried many different places to find one, but had no success. I was hoping that you guys might know if and where i could buy a graphic card for my laptop. Thanks
Joe
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a laptop where you can upgrade the video card.

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thats probly why i couldnt find anything on it.
raissazhou02

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so agree with the above, and i know there is no laptop can upgrade the video card before.
Coach handbags
FalconFour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's an old topic, but I'd still like to dump in a little help Smile

A quick Google search shows that your model (VGN-FJ270) uses an integrated Intel GMA 900 graphics controller - rather rare for a Sony, if I may say. That means two things: one, that your laptop doesn't even have a dedicated GPU to begin with (it's integrated onto the northbridge chip to save space & cost - designed to only put text & video on the screen and is sorely underpowered). Two, that it's not affected by the huge failures of nVidia chipsets in Sony (and other) notebooks. So you can rest assured that your laptop may outlast the average Sony Wink

As for "upgrading" the GMA 900, there is actually a utility called GMABooster that can be used to "overclock" the GMA 900 back to its stock speeds if Sony decided to underclock it. With the GMA 900, though, you're unlikely to ever be able to run Windows 7's Aero features, because Intel didn't have their stuff together in time for Vista's initial release (hence it doesn't support Aero). So if that's what you're looking for, you're probably SOL. But for game performance, GMABooster may be a useful utility. You might also want to upgrade your RAM - if you're using XP, 1gb is a good point to be at.

Hope this helps! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия