electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
microwave not working........help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: microwave not working........help. Reply with quote

My microwave counts down but the magnetron is not turning on... At first I thought it was the touch pad, but I tried the defrost and got the same count down without the microwave relly turning on/engaging.

Is it the touchpad or is the unit's microwave emitter shot?

Any ideas would be helpful. It's a hand-me-down so I do not have a manual or any clue....

Is it the touchpad or after 16 years do the microwave units just STOP!!!! Confused
Cristi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The touch pad and the controller appear to work properly.
You should remove the cover of the unit and check the following items:
- Fuse (6Amps or more)
- wires and connections may be faulty because of the high current and heat
- the relay (or triac) which controls the power transformer
- the power transformer - all windings
If all items above look good, then the magnetron must be defective and the unit doesn't worth to be repaired.

Please be careful: ALL MEASUREMENTS SHOULD BE MADE WITH A OHMMETTER AND WITH THE UNIT UNPLUGGED. DANGEROUS HIGH VOLTAGE ARE INSIDE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия