electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Have schematics + waveforms, please help find the dead part!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FalconFour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS!

Replaced all 3 of those capacitors, the store I went to had exactly the same values as I pulled out. Soldered them in, buttoned everything up for a test, hooked up the oscilloscope, and plugged it in.

At first, my heart sank. The same exact thing - sawtooth. But it was strange: it was a lot faster an oscillation than usual, practically straight-up, straight-down, like it knew exactly what it was doing. I let it sit for a minute doing the sawtooth, unplugged it, watched it discharge, then I realized... what if having the chopper transistor removed was preventing the circuit from working right? I had kept that out because I didn't want the TV firing up with the board sitting on its side.

Well, I fired up the soldering iron, mounted the big clunker chip back in place, soldered it down, and prepped for another run. Plugged it in, and...

SMOOTH LINE! Voltage shot up and kept flat even at 12 volts. Heard a slight chirp from the board as well as it spring back to life. VICTORY!

And just in time for my grand plan, too. Spent the next half hour putting the panels back in place, screwing the board down, moving the wires to their proper places. After I got the board mounted, I hit the power button. I have never been so happy to hear the sound of TV static in my whole life. Laughing (although I do wish this model had a blue-screen "video mute"...)

Grand plan? Put the TV all back together, clean up the area a little, and wait for the roommate (the owner of the TV) to get back home. The power button's always been missing from the front panel, so with the TV all put back together, when he gets home, I'd be totally unexcited, and say "Well, I got one thing working...". He'll see the power button (which I "melted" back into place on the front panel - it was floating around inside after it broke off) and push it. And the TV will spring to life with the computer looping his favorite song.

This, my friends, will be a night to remember. THANK YOU SO MUCH, jts1957!! Very Happy
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия