electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox 20MS2331/17 TV shuts off after few seconds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Magnavox 20MS2331/17 TV shuts off after few seconds Reply with quote

When I turn the tv on it remains blank for a few seconds and then a horizontal light appears in the middle and then it shuts off.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Magnavox 20MS2331/17 TV shuts off after few seconds Reply with quote

Syne wrote:
When I turn the tv on it remains blank for a few seconds and then a horizontal light appears in the middle and then it shuts off.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Olde but a goodie replace resistor 3448 1ohm 1/3 watt...
Syne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyplace online I can get a replacement?

Also, is replacing a resistor something someone can do with no prior electronics knowledge?
FalconFour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd need a soldering iron and a little experience with soldering, I'm sure... as well as not being afraid to tear apart your TV and remember where everything goes Wink

As for the part, I always put my trust in mouser.com... might take a little bit of digging (hint: "resistor 3448" is referring to the part marked on the board, NOT any sort of "part number" to look up... "1 ohm, 1/3 watt" is what you're looking for, and "3448" is where you'll find it on the TV's board), but they have everything.

Also, from the sounds of it, I'd highly recommend not trying to keep turning on the TV... that big bright light in the middle is darn about ready to burn a hole through the thing! Definitely get that fixed ASAP...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes. No idea how to properly use a soldering iron. I was hoping the resistor would be able to be swapped kind of like replacing memory on a computer.

I guess Ill just look for a tv repair shop.

Thanks for the help.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just snip the old one and leave enough to solder to sticking out.
Syne

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so it took awhile to geta hold of a dmm.

I checked out the resistor on 3448 and it is not damaged.

There is a component on 5421 that looks like it might have burned, but Im not sure what it is. It looks like copper wire encased in a cylindrical black plastic casing.

Can someone tell me what that is and if it can be replaced?

Also, I was wrong in my opening post. It is a vertical line going down the middle, not horizontal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия