electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Flat cable of a sony camcorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blima

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Flat cable of a sony camcorder Reply with quote

Hello!

I have a sony camcorder dcr-pc105e and inside it, I have a small flat cable that is broken.

Is it possible to fix a small flat cable? My only option is to buy a new spare part? Where can I find this type of product?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno
joester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts like that for just about anything electronic take a lot of skill to find, IF the part is available.

It is possible to repair flat ribbon cables, but the nature of the break must first be considered. If it was due to wear, then a repair at the break isn't feasible since loss of flexibility will only make adjacent portions of the cable flex more than intended to make up for the loss of flexibility the repair adds.

I would contact Sony and see if they service your model.

There is nothing to stop you from attempting the repair, but you should be advised that repairing the cable requires skill and training most repair technicians lack.

Having said that, I offer THIS as a basic guide. This website, it's owners, moderators, users, and myself bear no responsibility if you attempt the repair yourself.

Being a DIY by nature, I would probably give it a go. Just know that you bear all responsibiltiy.

Good luck, and please post the results if you attempt it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия