electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
N3235W viewsonic, need help please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Train123, why do you think it's the power supply not the Micro board? the confuser is i am getting my stand by 5V
thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the supply has NO 12 volt or 24 volt supply, but does have the 5 volts standby source, the only thing necessary to get the supply to run is the control / enable / turn on signal (usually supplied by the control board after IT gets the On/Off command from the unit's power button - No law says you can't supply your own turn on signal with an external power supply).
aliahme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957, yeah i guess no laws strict you from doing that for someone knows what to do. i don't know how to do that, and i don't have the right tools to take on projects like this, but in same time i know it's a matter of parts replacement weather the power supply, the digital board, or the inverter board.
i got two N3235w same issue both, my plan to give them to charity after repair, but then i don't know which part to order.
the good thing i can find all parts on DM or other guys, it wasn't hard to find good deals too, but then i don't want to order a part that i don't need.
Jts1957 you seem to have runs with veiwsonics, so what do you think i need?
train123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That power supply is quite complex. It has a regular standby supply for +5 but all the other voltages are generated by two other switch mode supplies (same board but different sections). Check the model number on the power supply and if is related to FSP212-SF01, search on this site for related repairs. It would take too long to copy all the threads from there onto this one. Based on your description, it is more likely the power supply.
aliahme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: N3235W Reply with quote

Train123, thanks.
i actually got a new power supply today, and same thing, red light with nothing. so i guess i'll go after Minnie suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия