electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need power pushbutton for Mitsubishi M-VR400 A/V receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgreen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Need power pushbutton for Mitsubishi M-VR400 A/V receiver Reply with quote

My Mitsubishi M-VR400 A/V receiver has a broken power pushbutton. This is a plastic (non-electrical) piece that pushes on a micrswitch mounted on a circuit board inside. I called Mitsubishi but they won't sell me the part, give me the part number, or send me a parts list or parts diagram. Instead, they said I must take the unit to a service center. Apparently, they won't deal with someone who can repair the unit himself.
Where can I order this part or at least find the part number? Thanks!
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you can obtain a "Service Manual" for it. In the manual there should be exploded views of the receiver including the front panel. That should point you to the part number for the button (or assembly that contains the button). Mitsubishi seems to not stock parts for units more that a year or two old.
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Need power pushbutton for Mitsubishi M-VR400 A/V receive Reply with quote

mgreen wrote:
My Mitsubishi M-VR400 A/V receiver has a broken power pushbutton. This is a plastic (non-electrical) piece that pushes on a micrswitch mounted on a circuit board inside. I called Mitsubishi but they won't sell me the part, give me the part number, or send me a parts list or parts diagram. Instead, they said I must take the unit to a service center. Apparently, they won't deal with someone who can repair the unit himself.
Where can I order this part or at least find the part number? Thanks!

Instead of having to find the part, willing to bet that you can repair the broken piece with a small amount of RTV silicon. The difficult part would be to line the broken piece in it's position and allow the RTV to dry as a flexible attachment. I used to repair many broken plastic buttons/controls on variety of Mits products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия