electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KD32DX51 colour problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Sony KD32DX51 colour problems Reply with quote

Hi,

After having a perfect picture from day 1, my 4 year old Sony Wega KD32DX51 CRT tv appears to have suddenly developed a fault.

Sometimes the picture is perfect but on some scenes, about half a second to a second after the scene has changed on screen, the colour suddenly either develops a peachy tone or appears to over-saturate. It depends on what the picture on-screen is. This is also occurring with menus and on all video inputs.

Any advice on what is likely to be wrong, how it can be fixed, and how much a repair is likely to be would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kroma, UK
train123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your CRT tube is going. I't probably not worth putting the money into it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

train123 wrote:
It sounds like your CRT tube is going. I't probably not worth putting the money into it.

Having observed the tv a bit longer, it would seem that the 'peachy' colour is a slightly pinky/peach hue.
I can't understand why the picture is sometimes perfect and why it sometimes 'blooms' into this peachy/pink colour. Also, some scenes are definitely over saturated.
Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Kroma
train123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The symptom you are describing seems to match what I saw when I was still in the repair business.
As the CRT ages, the electron guns get contaminated and the result is the blooming colors you currently see.
To verify this, you can watch to see if one color does it more than the rest.
Once you've identified the color, put on a picture which repeats the problem, a DVD or VCR in pause mode would work great for this.
Adjust the color level on the TV and watch to see if the blooming gets worse as the color intensity goes up, if it does it is a very good chance the CRT is worn out.
Some TV shops have a machine to "burn off" the contaminates from or "recondition" the electron guns but the success rate is iffy.
Replacement CRT's are likely rare or impossible to get now and if you can find one, you'll likely find that your money is just as well spent on a new TV.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice.
Next question - is it possible for a bad CRT to get better with time? 2 weeks on and the fault isn't nearly as noticeable now, and it's not just because I've got used to it!
Kroma
eduard0476

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: some tips for you!!! Reply with quote

Hi!! sir i think as you mention of your problem about the TV... as for me and as what you mention, your CRT was ok and good condition. well'' Sir i give you some technical tips for your tv... unplug the power cord then ope it your tv back cover, now take a look the CRT Board from picture tube is ther a 3 color Transistor in other words just resolder all the cold solder from CRT Board and resolder also your Jungle IC or Video Chroma IC... i thinkl it will solve your problem... hope this can help!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия