electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
rca 52' " rear projection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjd03

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: rca 52' " rear projection Reply with quote

Hi all, brand new here and by the looks of things, I have found the right place. I have the dreaded 3 blink power problem, (tries to power up, stays green on power button ends waits 3 or 4 seconds and repeats total of 3 times , then nothing) this tv is a gift from neighbor does not want to fiddle with it. Any ideas? Like I sais, I dont know the model number yet, maybe someone can tell me where I find it. I will post more info as I figure this thing out. I dont want to kill myself messing with it, so any advice will help
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A model number would help...
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: 52 RCA Reply with quote

The model number is on the back of the set,on the sticker.Take the Power supply board out ,change any bulged top capacitors and replace the flyback transformer.This repair is on this forum under oh fishing on the 1st page.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I read that topic and found home. Thanks minnie and Dan the man for nthe reply. As I said before, I am not a tv repairman, just like to tinker...(and this is a free tv (and a big un at that)) so I have found a problem and a possible solution. Now comes the research on these parts and identifying the parts without killing myself. I can solder and order parts, so my chances are good at fixing this tv for the man cave. Thanks for any help you send my way.
Time to read and read etc.....
wjd03

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model # is D52W19 serial # E304C300E after researching found this is a common problem with these sets. Found a supplier for some parts, just wondering,,,,, what to order. Tuner is available transistors also but I am looking for what looks like the power board. The part number listed is the Transformer p# 259296 for like 59 bucks. Does this sound like a repair I can swap out to you or based on the symptoms something else?
Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After more reading..... it is looking like the cp150 capacitor. I have located it on the board, figured out how to remove bord and do the solder repair. Now I amwondering if the 2200uf can be purchased at a local radio shak. I searched and found several 2200's they are listed as 35v 20% axial lead electrolytic is this correct? or is this part specific to the manufacturer?
Thanks for all your help
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Digikey or Mouser. They have pictures and everything. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, does anyone know how to order this part, cp150 2200uf? Checking out mouser, and others, there a lot of options as to the voltage, type etc... it is for the above tv.
Thanks,
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important ratings appear on the original part. (2200)ufd ?VDC 105C. A quick google will explain difference between axial and radial.

On option: assuming rest of posted parameters are correct...
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=565-1589-ND

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome, JTS, as you can see from the first poast, I am trying to be specific about the part I want to order. I dont want mistakes on my part and ruin a good tv
As this is my first experience doing a job like this I am trying to research as much as possible but not knowing all the varibles on electronics and the parts, forums like this points you in the direction and gives info to research even more info. Thanks for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия