electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sourcing pots for E-MU Xboard keyboard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sisbrains

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bits missing off the end of some of the sentences above, this forum doesn't appear to have an 'edit' function and I can't fix them - but I'm sure all owners of XBoards either have the manual on CD, or can download it from the E-MU site.

I can't tell you how pleased I am to have fixed this! Such an easy fix too! I can even manually calibrate every single key on the keyboard, I didn't realise that. What a great controller it is - no wonder they are still just under £200 in the U.K.

Here's the corrected text- apparently there is an 'edit' button, but it seems to vanish after a few minutes, and I mean - about two minutes!

To Calibrate a Controller Knob, Mod Wheel, or Data Entry Slider:
1.Sweep through all possible values without pressing harder either direction than you normally would. As you adjust, the display shows raw control values, reverting to the name of the control you are adjusting.
2.Press Enter to store the calibration, or press Home to back out of the process. You are returned to the Calibration Standby mode.
3.Press Enter to calibrate another control, or Home to finish.
To Calibrate the Pitch Wheel:
1.Sweep through all possible values without pressing harder in either
direction than you normally would. As you adjust, the display shows raw control values, reverting to the word “Pit” (as in “Pitch Wheel”).
2.Let the Pitch Wheel spring back to its normal position in the center.
3.Press the illuminated Snap Shot button. The Edit LED should say “Ctr” (as in “Center”). You can repeat this step as many times as you want.
4.Press Enter. You are returned to the Calibration Standby mode.
5.Press Enter to calibrate another control, or Home to finish.
Maverick Blues

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this discussion is a few months old at this point, but I wanted to chime in with information that might help the next person looking.

vtech wrote:
In looking at your first set of pictures, apparently those are in fact rotary encoders which are completely different than standard potentiometers. (the microcontroller Atmega48 (U1) to the right of the controls is a solid proof)

Sorry to inform you of this but you've leapt to the wrong conclusion. An MCU on a board is never proof of rotary encoders. Conversely, a strong hint of pots comes straight from the front panel: The rotation range of each knob is limited. Plus with the narrow view of the PCB you had available, you couldn't see the 16 channel analog multiplexer. Very Happy

These are 10K linear pots (in fact they're stamped 10KB on the side). I can confirm this from personal experience, having added an additional controller jack to an XBoard 61 -- when plugged in, the external pedal overrides Controller Knob #16.

Cheers,
'rick
Silverfish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

I just stumbled across this post and I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I was having the exact same problem with my Xboard 25, and the calibration menu seemed to have fixed it!

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ