electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sharp geometry problem (pincushion)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carinik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: sharp geometry problem (pincushion) Reply with quote

Someone can help me, what's wrong with my TV, geometry was "blow up" (pinchusion problem). It's older model of Sharp. Eny idea?There is picture. Thanks guys. Mario

http://212.166.250.18:8080/mmcp/Controller;jsessionid=49F7C195C900C88C76A0ECED4B55E6F6?url=.;message-id=1018605001
carinik

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: picture Reply with quote

sorry...there is picture....

MARI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: SHARP Reply with quote

HI MARIO
IVE GOT THE SAME NAME MYSELF,FIRST OF ALL WITH OLDER SHARP TV YOU WILL HAVE TO RESOLDER THE FLYBACK CAPACITORS IN THE LINE OP STAGE,THEY WILL BE DRY JOINED FOR SURE,ANOTHER PROBLEM YOU GET IS CORRUPTION OF THE EEPROM AND YOU WILL HAVE TO ENTER THE SERVICE MODE BY HOLDING THE VOLUME DOWN AND CHANNEL UP ON THE FRONT OF TV WHILE SWITCHING THE TV ON VIA THE ON/OFF SWITCH ,MOVE TO SERVICE MODE AND MOVE DOWN TO PIN CORECTION,YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OTHERWISE YOU WILL UPSET ALL SORTS OF SETTINGS AND END UP WITH REALLY BIG PROBLEMS,ALSO YOU WILL HAVE TO STORE EACH SETTING AFTER EACH ADJUSTMENT VIA THE REMOTE CONTROL,IT IS NOT AN EASY FIX IF YOU ARE NOT A QUILIFIED ENGINEER,GOOD LUCK IF YOU GO AHEAD,REGARDS MARIO. Cool
carinik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: sharp geometry problem (pincushion) Reply with quote

Dear Mario,

I guess that "RESOLDER THE FLYBACK CAPACITORS IN THE LINE OP STAGE" means replacing burned capacitors with new ones. Am I correct? Before going so far, I was trying to enter into service mode as you described, but I couldn't. This means that turning on "TV BY HOLDING THE VOLUME DOWN AND CHANNEL UP ON THE FRONT OF TV" didn't cause any reaction. Any additional suggestion?
I am still considering if it is worth to enter into this reparition (price of capacitors and possible troubles with reparition - I am not qualified technician). Maybe is less trouble/money if I just buy a new TV.
Comments?
Electron Gr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi carnik,
This damage is not so serious,You can change the bad flyback capacitors but to do this need to have some skill about electronics. These capacitors are very cheap.You will need an iron and solder and a resoldering hand pump.
Be carefull with the capacitors polarity!!
My opinion is that you don't need to buy a new Tv set for this problem.

Regards

Peter - Greece
Electronic Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to replace all the electrolytic capacitor near the pin amp transistor
le_onil123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: asian goldstar tv problem Reply with quote

hi Im from the Philippines please help me on this tv problem of mine this is goldstar tv model no. CN-20A41G. the problem is that " the screen is almost dark with a small bright portion on the left side of the screen (approximately 1/8 portion of the screen)", the sound is perfectly clear and all tv channels are present,

thank you very much.

leony
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия