electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
CONVERTER BOX BO BO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
facts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: CONVERTER BOX BO BO Reply with quote

Hey guys , dummy me hooked up audio out & video out right up to audio out & video out on my dvd & tv converter box, now my conv box will power on & off but thats all, can anyone tell me what or ware 2 check first? this is what i have....MAGNAVOX the little black box from the gov. serial#....U48804660....modle#....TB11OMW9. Thanks for any help at all.
Code:
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good antenna input signal to the correct "F" terminal might help. Cool
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also might try hooking the "outputs" of the converter box to the "INPUTS" of the DVD and switch the DVD to external inputs.
facts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
You also might try hooking the "outputs" of the converter box to the "INPUTS" of the DVD and switch the DVD to external inputs.
No , the converter box dont work anymore not even without the dvd hooked up.nothing.
Code:
joester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same converter, and it's dead too.

Mine was always hooked up inline properly, and it just died one day. Just another fine example of a government dictated program and the quality we get I guess.

BTW: Magnavox doesn't service these, and the warranty is only 90 days. I think they knew the converter boxes were a POS from the beginning.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joester wrote:
I have the same converter, and it's dead too.

Mine was always hooked up inline properly, and it just died one day. Just another fine example of a government dictated program and the quality we get I guess.

BTW: Magnavox doesn't service these, and the warranty is only 90 days. I think they knew the converter boxes were a POS from the beginning.
Thats what i think 2 .maybe i can repair it if it's not in some of that super tiny micro crap ic's, probley suppose 2 throw it away and go 2 wally world & buy a new one Evil or Very Mad
Code:
joester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't opened up mine yet (I will when time permits), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's all components not available to the average person.

Post your findings if you jump in before me.

Thanks!
Joe
facts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let u know , I may just go into it 2 day nothing better 2 do 2 cold outside 2 get out 2 day. .... BURR... Wink
Code:
joester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

facts wrote:
I will let u know , I may just go into it 2 day nothing better 2 do 2 cold outside 2 get out 2 day. .... BURR... Wink
Code:

I was thinking the same thing. Upstate NY is not so warm these days...and the wind makes it brutal.
tsgunnell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are these boxes powered is it by a wall wart or mains into the box in the uk we use freeview boxes for digital terrestial lots of different designs but quite a few suffer from bad capacitors in the power supply .so check for bulging caps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия