electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
2 discman questions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Bezanson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: 2 discman questions Reply with quote

Ok so I have 2 questions. The first one should be a no brainer, but I know nothing about electronics.

I have a Sony Walkman CD player. It requires a Type C 4.5V power adapter. I bought a Type C 3-7V adapter but relized that the settings are only for 3,3.3,5,7V. If I were to use 3.3V or 5V would this damage the CD player?

2nd, I have an older discman that just stopped working. When it spins it sounds as if the wheel is scrapping against something (spins slower than normal) and causes a read error. Can this be fixed? Relativley easy? Is it worth paying someone to fix it or should I just get a new one?

Thanks,

Justin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Ans 1: It is not recommended to use a power adaptor that has a different rating; especially so if the adaptor has a higher voltage output than yr discman expects. Yr discman may work in a short term but there could be permanent damage in the long run (eg. IC overheats & "burnt").

If u must, try the 3.3v setting to see if it works. Note the polarity settings pls! BTW, is yr adaptor regulated? U may experience noise from the sound output if it is not.

Ans 2: Try cleaning the pickup lens. That should be the 1st thing to do. Use a soft cotton bud, dip in light cleaning alchol (those that u use to clean tape heads) & wipe lens gently. Let it to dry for a couple of mins.

How long hv u used this discman? The pickup lens maybe weak & replacing it is usually not cost effective unless u know how to D-I-Y.

Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия